Pics out in the coop & run for 1st time! **more pics post 9 & 12!!

Quote:
Thank u! I got sucked into this chicken craziness and tried to get as many breeds as I could! They r all so pretty and interesting to look at.

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah, we didn't mow for weeks where we were going to put the run so that they would have plenty of grass in there. We'll see how long it takes them to break it down! LOL I think they all have very pretty coloring. I tried to get as many breeds as I could to make it colorful! LOL

Quote:
Hey Wildflower! Where is it in Va that you live? I'm in SW Va...10 miles south of Wytheville!

I am in Augusta County, close to White's Truck Stop in Raphine (I-81 exit 205). Wytheville is about two hours south of me. Love the Wytheville area. I have family in Tennessee, so I go through there a lot.

Last edited:
Great looking chicks, we are still making our run even though girls (and some boys) are in their coop, so also am spying your run/fencing. Great job, beautiful birds.

Quote:
Thank u!! Let me tell u that run was alot of work! Way more than what we thought! LOL But it seems to be predator proof so far (they r just in there during the day) and they absolutely love it! I caught a few of them "sunbathing" today and had to wake them up just to b sure! LOL They weren't very happy with me but I am still a nervous newbie chickie momma! The run is 24x14. We used 4x4 posts, with 2x4 supports in between, and poultry netting covers the top and we just zip tied the net to the fence and the net together.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom