Picture of poop

@Wyorp Rock Yes, I have seen this at my TSC store! I thought it was just chick starter for some reason. But it is good for a mixed flock and adult birds as well? I don't want to change feeds alot either so if I switch off Dumor, then I just want to make sure I can keep getting what I switch to.
AND Everytime I buy Dumor, I get grain mites ...urrggh.

@Wyorp Rock Yes, I have seen this at my TSC store! I thought it was just chick starter for some reason. But it is good for a mixed flock and adult birds as well? I don't want to change feeds alot either so if I switch off Dumor, then I just want to make sure I can keep getting what I switch to.
AND Everytime I buy Dumor, I get grain mites ...urrggh.
If you mean "mixed flock" as in chicks, pullets, layers and roosters - yes! Just provide oyster shell free choice for your girls:)

I don't know much about Ducks, but I "think" some people also use Flock Raiser for them too.

I have found this twice now. Just wondering if I should be concerned. I have 3 pullets around 21 weeks old not laying yet. It wouldn't have anything to do with that would it? It is warmer here so drinking alot of water could be a factor as well I guess View attachment 1907869
Be watching bird that produced this feces closely. I doubt it is a diet issue cause the strange appearance of the feces. I can make out uric acid as the truely white part. The off-white stuff appears to be feed that is going through with little processing beyond trituration (grinding by gizzard action). Typically the bulk of the feces will take on a browner look which is not evident in image. Secondly, the feces has a lot of fluid in it indicating bird not scavenging water from digesta. That could be because diet is exceptionally hydrated at time of intake like you can see when bird consumes a lot of fruit, or gut is not functioning properly and bird is facing risk of dehydration if not able to drink enough. When my birds eating enough fruit to cause runny feces, the pigments from fruit often pass through enough to color feces.

Live meal worms and insects in general are not inferior to any feed you can by anywhere when it comes to digestibility and nutrient content. Formulated feeds are a very cost effect alternative.

Back
Top Bottom