Picture of your Pen to Raise your Chicks

We use this one for most of our chicks.
17452_im006253.jpg

More pictures and details in the pages on the links in my sig.

Here is my brooder, I have it in my garage with the heat lamp hanging from the ceiling from a chain. It is a kiddie pool with 12 inch cardboard duct taped around the inside.

Last edited:
we use rubbermaid tubs... we take the lids and cut big squares out and ziptie chicken wire to the lids so they snap tight and nothing can knock it off and get the chickadees
smile.png
...... careful heat lamps met the lids a bit. i turned the lid sideways on the box so the light shines in but blocks them from flying out as well.

Would one of those big plastic storage bins work as a brooder? Does the light have to be red? I saw heat lamps at the store but they were not red.

none of my lamps are red...chicken house= clear... goat= clear, chick box= clear....they are bright (specially in my bedroom at night lol) but everything seems the same and the clear are SO much 'cheeper'
smile.png

I use a large deep pan guinea pig cage for chicks and then one or two others for growing up depending on bantam or standard! I keep mine in the basement of the house for predator reasons, they do quite well and they love it!!

Sorry, I don't have a picture, but I picked up the biggest rubbermade tote that Wal-mart sold and I'm using that for the next couple days until I get a good set up in my storage building out back. I've only got 4 RIR

Quote:
Pretty much same here. Mine is a pretty big container. I don't have an actual photo of the chicks in it, but here is a picture of my kids playing on top of it a couple of days ago. Hopefully in the next month it will be full with new chicks!

IMG_5220.jpg

Back
Top Bottom