Picture to share

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by GardenGirl, Mar 1, 2009.

1. GardenGirl

GardenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I just wanted to share this pic I snapped of my DS feeding his chickies. He actually goes out to feed the birds, but the chickens have figured out that he has neat treats to give out. They see him and come running now. My son thinks it is the funniest thing. He loves the attention they give him. He will be 3 in June and is doing very well at taking care of his animals.

[​IMG]

2. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    I spoke to you once before and told you about my husband who grew up in Eldred... He was wondering if you ever had a Jimmy's Texas Lunch wiener? (bizzare question!)

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

How adorable.

4. freddy22

freddy22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Illinois
    thats pretty cool lol

5. GardenGirl

Quote:I have not had the pleasure, but my hubby has eaten there before. [​IMG] Said it was pretty good. It is just called Texas Lunch now.

6. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Brings back cherished memories of my sons at that age. Thanks for the reminder.

7. ursusarctosana

ursusarctosana Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Spokane, WA
    Reminds me of my childhood. How much I miss it!

Had some teenage girls spend the night with my step-daughters on Friday night and found out just how little some of today's kids understand animals. It was frightening. Luckily, Kia kept the girls in line and instructed them on how to hold the chicks, etc. One girl thought the chicks had teeth to bite her with. [​IMG]

8. GardenGirl

I think it is a shame these days that kids grow up without learning about nature. Our DS loves to garden. He can't wait to start his seeds. He has been helping with the clean up/readying for spring. He loves to be outside working in the yard and watching the birds and bunnies. We hope this will instill good values and a sense of respect when it comes to the natural world.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by