Pictures of Coop Construction. The first real build is DONE!

bow.gif

thanks so much for posting this! is it still holding up good? We are using your plans (hope you dont mind!) and building our own starting tomorrow. already build the wood for the floor and i believe two sides.. can't wait to see what our finish product looks like! we have 8 chickens right now, how many do you think the coop will hold?

looks like the only thing you missed was small mesh wire around your foundation and eave openings. Rats will find the grain if you dont block their access. Other than that this looks better than perfect!

Very nice job. I'll bet the girls are enjoying it thoroughly.

I'm nearby, in Cottage Grove, Oregon. First-time chicken raising for me, although the wife had them as a kid. Started my coop last week, rebuilding a factory-made unit that the wife bought--it's an absolute piece of junk (made in China, of course) that is very low quality and far too small for our 9 babies. So I"m improving it as I go, have it up to 7' long now, raised on 2' stilts to provide a reasonably secure run underneath. Still trying to figure out a practical way to open a ramp/hatchway from outside the run, as we plan to lock the girls up every night to keep them safe from cats, coons, etc. The thing is turning into a beast, meaning I'll have to put it on (temporary) wheels just to get it out of the shop when it's finished.

Back
Top Bottom