pictures of hot wired coops...please

henryetta

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
san diego, cali
I would love some ideas on differnt ways to use hot wire for protection of coops. Im a little challanged withought pictures but will take any info i can get.. (i tend to jump into things and then find much better ways to have done it) Thanks a bunch for any help on this...

Two wires low and one high attached to the posts used for the run.

35063_elec_fence3.jpg

The end of my run is a metal shed. These two wires stopped the raccoons cold that would come in over the shed roof into the run.

35063_elec_fence2.jpg

Standard electric fence posts along my chain link fence.

35063_elec_fence4.jpg

Maybe these will stay.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with preditors on the ground. My donkeys take care of that. My issue is the raccoon ninjas that drop onto the roof and break in through the eaves. I hot wired my roof and haven't had an issue since.

We simply screwed in the insulators around the eaves:

DSCN0328-1.jpg

We wrapped the wire and then tied into the hot box.

DSCN0334.jpg

DSCN0333.jpg

That bottom wire runs down to the grounding pole. It's firmly attached with a clamp.

DSCN0332.jpg

Hope those pics help.
smile.png

I have it around both my duck pen and coop. I plan on putting a 3rd line at the top but havent gotten around to it yet. I have harware cloth as well.

electricfence.jpg

duckpen.jpg

chickencooprun.jpg

~~~mdbokc~~~~ your 'other' pics are over at "preditors and pests" . I had posted in both places at the same time to hopfully get it right and ya set me strait over there
wink.png
.. Thanks so much for your help...

And thanks for all others help too
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom