Pictures of My Chick(ens)

Alycia

Songster
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
I thought I'd share. Some of these are funny. We had about 80 eggs or so incubated from 1/14 up until a few days after 1/28 (it was an emergency situation). The children are almost all grown up now, and here's their journey.

This was a 1/17 dated egg (incubated from that day) and turns out he's a Barred Rock, Silkie Mix (he's about 9 or ten weeks old now). From this picture though, you might think he should be a broody hen lol. When he was a chick, he had a gray face and he looked old and grouchy, so whether he is a she or he, he is named Grumpy Grandpa, or Grandma lol.

grumpgrandpaoi2.jpg

This was another 1/17 dated egg, now he's all grown up and hanging with the big guys. Murray. On his first day out he went head to head with a grumpy chicken. He has quite the personality lol. Here he is seconds after birth. He's a little Rhode Island red mix.

murraynu3.jpg

Here's another shot of 1/14 dated chicks. Silkie mixes! All three are all grown up now

babiessg1.jpg

We recently introduced the grown-up babies to the big fellas outside last weekend, and here are some great shots, memorable.

4hmeeting5007hr7.jpg

^^ Murray, the RIR mix, meeting Houdini the young Peacock for the first time. I was shocked they didn't fight, but Dini actually seems to like them.

4hmeeting5004an9.jpg

^^ Bruster the Rooster meeting a new 9 week old for the first time! They were so good to each other. I think Bruster likes her.
smile.png
Imagine the beautiful mixed chicks in the future lol.

4hmeeting5006yb2.jpg

^^ A final shot of the young men and women. Their first day outdoors, out of the box, and on their own! I was surprised how well they got along with the older ones.

Yeah, he does! He was penned, but escaped from everything he was given (hence his name lol Houdini) and ever since he's been free ranging. I think he thinks he's a chicken or a turkey, he pals around with the turkies.

Back
Top Bottom