Pictures of my doves and pigeons + a ? about pigeon colors?

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I have 7 birmingham rollers pigeons and a fantail mix. I know the colors of 5 of the rollers, they were given to me by a local breeder (creeksidelofts). However, I don't know the color the 2 that I had already? Any ideas?
Pigeon 1:
DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

Pigeon 2:
DSC00750.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

Then I have a few pictures of the pigeons Tony gave to me. The first is a qualmond hen, I think this one is very pretty:
DSC00753.jpg

Next is a red mottle hen, another very pretty bird:
DSC00743.jpg

Then I have 3 reduced, 2 cocks and 1 hen. I believe this is one of the cocks:
DSC00744.jpg

And I think this is the hen:
DSC00746.jpg

Apparently I didn't get a pic of the other one
hmm.png

Next up are some pics of my ringneck doves
smile.png

First is my blonde pair, mama or daddy is on the nest with 2 eggs
love.gif

DSC00735.jpg

Next is my blonde/pied pair. Daddy is blonde pied and mama is blonde. They also have 2 eggs
love.gif

DSC00737.jpg

Then is my pair consisting of a crested white hen and a blonde male. I was mostly interested in showing the hen's crest, so all I have of the boy is part of his head
lol.png

DSC00741.jpg

Next up is my pen of "Idon'tknowwhat's". I know there are 2 males for sure in this pen, an orange and a blond. There is also 1 blond ivory and 2 blond pieds. I believe all but one of the birds in this pen are male (1 of the pieds being female I think).
DSC00738.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

Not the greatest pics of that group, but they are young so still pretty skittish.

Finally is a pic of my fantail mix cock. He recently lost his mate and is looking for a new home if anyone is interested
smile.png

DSC00742.jpg

So there you have it, everyone is always asking for pics, so I thought I'd post mine
smile.png

The first one looks almost black in-person, when Tony was here he said it was 'different' but didn't know right off what color it was.

First is blue t-pattern, AKA dark check, blue velvet. I think I see a little bit of bronze on the bars.
The second is an indigo
smile.png
Can you get some lighter pics of that one?

Quote:
I'll try, s/he was in the back of the pen and it's pretty shaded there. I believe both these are siblings, though we don't have the parents anymore.

Quote:
Wild? No, it's one that was raised by some rollers we had last year. ThiefPouter gave us the rollers. Why do you ask?

Back
Top Bottom