Pictures of my duck pen project

Im jealous, I wish I could build something like that! How much did it cost anyway? Just for the coop? Its a great idea, and I need Ideas for my new one that I want
smile.png

Wow, Thankyou everyone, you are so kind! I'm glad you like it!
big_smile.png
It's been a lot of work to get it to this point but it's been fun too and I've learned a lot.

Quote:
The frame of the timber house/coop is made out of timber I got from someone else's renovation, so that was free. Almost everything else I bought: recycled corrugated iron for the roof (maybe you call it ripple iron?), plywood for the outer walls and doors, treated pine fence palings to line the inside walls, treated pine for door frames, fibreglass insulation, railways ties, gravel and sand for the base, galvanised mesh for under the floor, paint/stain for the outside, hinges, screws, locks......and I actually kept a spreadsheet of it (how geeky) so I can tell you that it cost $1392.30 to build the whole base and the original house. That's in Australian dollars but it is pretty much the same in American dollars, at the moment anyhow. You could take about $150 off that if you were just talking about a base big enough for the house only. Many building materials are also cheaper in America than they are here. And, I did buy brand new materials for most of it and the more you can get secondhand or recycled the cheaper it'd be. So you could build it for a lot less. The only thing I would not skimp on is plywood - don't buy cheap or thin ply or it'll warp. That cost total doesn't include the extension, waterers, ponds, or metal 'cage'. I stopped adding it up when got to $1392.30.....!

Gotta take my hubby to work now so, speaking of the duck house, I'd better put the ducks away in it. Now, where are the peas... Got the day off so I'll let them out again when I get back and spend the day duck watching
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom