Pictures of my mini lop kits at 5 weeks- critiques welcome-Pic Heavy

Quote:
lau.gif
"Moody" is a very kind way to describe it.

Ikr! I would rather deal with a buck (even the ornery ones who try to spray pee on you) then a doe during her moods. Ours are crazy too, one day they are fine, next day they are all growley and uncooperative.

I have one doe that is completely in love with me. If I don't give her enough attention, she bites my necklace and I wind up looking like I have hickeys all over my neck. She is a pistol!!!!

I have one doe left from my last litter to sell. I watched mama last night grab her by her fur on her back and DRAG her into the hutch. I had to LOL at that one! My mama doe is the most docile animal I have ever had.

Quote:
Hmmm, I know for mine, french angoras, I use a popsicle stick taped to the ear and tape the two ears together because they need to stand.

I need to give this some thought. Maybe tape a quarter to each ear, something to weigh them down. No they do not look bad!!! But show wise, they ears need to be DOWN. I have a french REW that is brood quality so I never taped her ears and one goes straight up and one goes straight down. Too funny!!!

If your not planning on showing it dosn't matter what they look like. have fun with them!

Quote:
Hmmm, I know for mine, french angoras, I use a popsicle stick taped to the ear and tape the two ears together because they need to stand.

I need to give this some thought. Maybe tape a quarter to each ear, something to weigh them down. No they do not look bad!!! But show wise, they ears need to be DOWN. I have a french REW that is brood quality so I never taped her ears and one goes straight up and one goes straight down. Too funny!!!

If your not planning on showing it dosn't matter what they look like. have fun with them!

That right there is true! However if you have SQ stock and want to sell at a higher rate, they need to look right. Here we are back to looks again! High school never ends.

Quote:

That right there is true! However if you have SQ stock and want to sell at a higher rate, they need to look right. Here we are back to looks again! High school never ends.

true. if it where a smaller cuter breed it wouldn't matter nearly as much but mini lops are larger than hollands and arn't (in most's eyes) as cute so selling them as pets is harder.

If you massage the ears over your index finger with your thumb it helps to relax the cartilage and helps the ears go into the right position.

I've had non show lops and it took weeks for the ears to flop. I also have a friend that I was paniced for when her first litters ears were upright. Those ears went down and she ended up with a grand champion from that litter.

It's like showing some of the breeds of dogs that I've raised. You pray for an ear to go up or a correct carriage. Even when you think it's not going to happen or when you know something is common , you're still watching and praying.

You need to keep your best and if it does seem SQ, show ir, or save your best and work your way up. Best way to shut someone up is to beat them in a show. Also something from my dog show days.

Really I should get a large rabbit? I heard that you are better off with a smaller bunny.....like a dwarf....
hmm.png
Are dwarves best or should we go with something bigger?

Back
Top Bottom