PICTURES OF MY NEW BABIES AND I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE! I THINK!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, May 25, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok I got all my chicks down and I know what they are! I'm excited to see them change and grow and CROW! Oh I can't wait until my first crow! TELL ME IF I HAVE THE BREEDS RIGHT PLEASE>>> what is listed is what I should have...did I get any mixed up??

Here are some pictures...I have 24

Three brown sex links (after getting more info on them...thought they were ameraucana's)...the white one IS an americauna tho.

[​IMG]

Three Salmon Faverolle's All female One will go to a new home with a member of BYC [​IMG] On Wed Does anyone find that the faverolles' are very jumpy and scared acting?

[​IMG]

Two Barred Rock female

[​IMG]

Two Silver Laced Wayandotte's

[​IMG]

Two Buff Brahma's

[​IMG]

Two Black Cochin's

[​IMG]

Two Black Sex links

[​IMG]

Three more ameraucana's One is a male...I just hope it's not the white one posted above with the brown sex links

[​IMG]

Ok this is where I'm stumped...I have three Red Sex Links and one Yokohama and I can't tell which is the yoko...my guess is she is the littlest one?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

my guess is that the yoko is the one with the lightest head closest to the camera [​IMG] but dont count on me. lol.. cute chicks! i have some cochins that look just ike that [​IMG]

3. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Songster

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    It'd make sense if she was the little one. Yoko are only supposed to grow to about 5lbs right? Faverolles are actually recommended for showing because they're one of the calmest standard breeds. Their adorable! Enjoy![​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Faverolles are actually recommended for showing because they're one of the calmest standard breeds. Their adorable! Enjoy!big_smile

HUH I wonder why mine are so crazy scared acting? The others are all fine. I have been picking them up more often to get them used to us.​

5. reallemons1

reallemons1 Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Real cuties there. Not sure, but the Brown Stars look like Ameracanas and the Brown Ameracanas look like Brown Stars. Ameracanas have dark legs. Those buff brahmas are adorable!

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Not sure, but the Brown Stars look like Ameracanas and the Brown Ameracanas look like Brown Stars. Ameracanas have dark legs.

Very interesting...maybe i have them mixed up? LOL That one sure did look Ameraucana to me too with her buff cheeks. So are the brown stars chipmunky looking? I thought Ameracana's looked like chipmunks? Now I'm confused! lol​

7. reallemons1

reallemons1 Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Ameracanas (EE's) come in several colors and often have puffy cheeks and usually willow or slate legs. I not real familiar with Brown Stars though.

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok I'm trying to find pictures of Brown Star chicks but can't find any [​IMG] Does anyone have brown star chicks?

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Ideal has a drawing of brown sex-link chicks on their site. They have chipmunk stripes.

https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&Product=382

The dark ones are supposed to be females and the light ones males.

Edited to say: With the above info I would say the three dark ones in the first pic are the brown stars and the light ones is an EE along with the three you have listed as brown stars.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2008
  10. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Songster

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Your Favorolles will probably settle down when they're older

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: