Pictures of some of my chickens I let out today

scgamecock

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Conway SC
It's been real wet here and their runs are a mess.It won't dry out before it rains again so since the grass is greening up around here I decided to let them out and put their feet on soft grass for a change and they had a blast.Instant lawnmower.
gig.gif

freerangechickens003.jpg

Willie and his flock

freerangechickens002.jpg

Willie and some more of his girls

freerangechickens001.jpg

Crooked leg Fred watching out for danger

Last edited:
do you have any partridge rock hens? If so, how are their personalities? I have 3 and they are the flightiest ones in the coop. I am wondering if it is just MMH's strain because MissPrissy has some from there with the same type of personality.

He is a beautiful rooster- I really like his colors.

I don't let them out much cause I have to work during the day.I also don't want them in my neighbors yard either.

mine get out every day from 3 untill bed when I am home from school my yard is nice because they are in a chicken tractor and there are only 12 hens.

henry

Buster he was from McMurray last year and he was suppose to be a pullet but as you can see he's all boy.The other pullets are not really flighty but they are not exactly cuddle buddies either.If I get my hands on them they will let you hold them.I really love the colors of the hens as well and BTW one of mine is setting on eggs right now and doing a great job.She lets me tend to her and check for new eggs under her every night so I'm hoping we will be better friends once this is over.I need to separate some of my chickens and I want to make some breeding pens to sell hatching eggs.The Partridge Rocks are one breed that I will most likely use.

Back
Top Bottom