Pictures of some of my chickens I let out today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by scgamecock, Mar 9, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    It's been real wet here and their runs are a mess.It won't dry out before it rains again so since the grass is greening up around here I decided to let them out and put their feet on soft grass for a change and they had a blast.Instant lawnmower. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Willie and his flock

[​IMG]

Willie and some more of his girls

[​IMG]

Crooked leg Fred watching out for danger

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Cool pics. What kind of rooster is Willie?

3. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Partridge Rock.His colors are really amazing.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Beautiful birds! My grass left LONG ago, via chicken beaks. They do keep us from needing to cut grass, that's for sure.

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

do you have any partridge rock hens? If so, how are their personalities? I have 3 and they are the flightiest ones in the coop. I am wondering if it is just MMH's strain because MissPrissy has some from there with the same type of personality.

He is a beautiful rooster- I really like his colors.

6. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I don't let them out much cause I have to work during the day.I also don't want them in my neighbors yard either.

7. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    i wish i could let mine out but i have a huge hawk problem and i doubt i will be able to get them back in the coop after i let them out

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    mine get out every day from 3 untill bed when I am home from school my yard is nice because they are in a chicken tractor and there are only 12 hens.

henry

9. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Buster he was from McMurray last year and he was suppose to be a pullet but as you can see he's all boy.The other pullets are not really flighty but they are not exactly cuddle buddies either.If I get my hands on them they will let you hold them.I really love the colors of the hens as well and BTW one of mine is setting on eggs right now and doing a great job.She lets me tend to her and check for new eggs under her every night so I'm hoping we will be better friends once this is over.I need to separate some of my chickens and I want to make some breeding pens to sell hatching eggs.The Partridge Rocks are one breed that I will most likely use.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Thanks for your reply. Nice birds. All of the ones I currently have came from MMH, but were given to me at 9 months old. I am hoping some of them go broody.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by