Pictures of Your Flock - Heavy Pictures!!

I'll introduce part of my flock.

First we have Mr. Bojangles and his 4 lovely ladies. All White Orpingtons. Please excuse the dirty back feathers on these gals, Mr. Bojangles is a busy fella.
111982_img_4112.jpg

Then we have General Grievous our dominate roo. He is a White Oprington with 14 wives. 4 of the wives are white leghorns, and the rest are very productive white orpingtons.
111982_img_2679.jpg

Some of the White Orpington hens in the nest busy laying. Take notice of the hen just below. I just love the seemingly heavy brows that are on my White Orpington hens. She has that "don't even try to touch my egg" look.
111982_img_4107.jpg

111982_img_4089.jpg

111982_img_4099.jpg

Also we have the new babies that will add more Color on the farm. Barred Rock, Black Minorca, RIR, with a few more white leghorn gals. At last my red farmhouse will not be the only colorful thing upon my acreage!!
111982_img_4080.jpg

Then lastly we have the flock protection. Meet Willow, Kya, Mims and Peck. After losing a perfect breeding pair of White Opringtons to the greedy Mr. Hawk, I found the solution in these wonderful Ratites.
111982_img_4074.jpg

111982_img_3857.jpg

111982_img_4097.jpg

111982_img_4085.jpg

It is wonderful to see pictures of everyone's feathered tenants. I hope you enjoy mine as well!

th.gif
88997_allfrontporch.jpg

Prudy, Penny, Buffy and Roxie.

They were a fluff-ball grab at the feedstore based on the pictures of the roosters on the bin of sexed chicks. (I did not realize they would all be girls.) The Barred Rock was chosen because of the mowhawk hairstyle. I knew nuttin bout no chickens. I am now amazed at all the breeds!!!

My more common looking girls, the 2 Rhode Island Reds are the only to have started laying and have been laying an egg a day for a month. I really had not thought about collecting eggs. I just wanted some yard birds.

Penny wants to be a dog. She loves to hang with me in the yard and be up in my face.

My 'kids' are all big - 2 in college and one finishing high school, all at home, all thinking their crazy mother has really flipped this time over the feather-brains.

Here is my little flock...

First we will start with Nugget not sure what Nugget is... most likely a Game Hen cross
k2ece1.jpg

Now my beautiful Rose"EE" best chicken I have ever owned. She is more like a dog than a Chicken
chlyf.jpg

Little Chichi "SLW"
2rorwxt.jpg

and Hollie my crooked beaked "EE"
5mayr.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom