Pictures of your home-made coops and runs!

This is Fowl Territory....we love the Tampa Bay Rays, hence the baseball motif using baseball cut outs and vintage Louisville sluggers as door handles.
Just added this little coop for housing babies and for sick bay. It was a kit and much nicer than expected.
Ironically it's called the Clubhouse! Perfect for our baseball theme.
clap.gif

The Bird House, that is absolutely one of the most beautiful coop/runs that I have ever seen!
droolin.gif

Thank you Stumpy - It's a labor of love ;) I'm finishing up the front door and will post a couple of new pics when done. This summer I hope to build the fence around it. Last summer I spent a lot of time corralling the girls back into "our" yard. Neighbors don't mind the chickens foraging and fertilizing their yards, it's the neighborhood dogs, red tail hawks, bald eagles and so on that I'm worried about.

Thanks again!

Well Tom, I think you take the cake for the best Coop around. I thought my Coop was pretty fancy but you beat me by a mile. Well done and all the little accoutrement's make it just that much better. You are either a contractor or just coop obsessed like me as well. Did you do anything to the floor to keep is clean? I have heard a few on here who have put blackJack rubberized roofing cement to keep the floor cleaner. I was considering painting the whole interior to keep the dust at a minimum as well as putting a sheet of linoleum on the floor.

Thank you, Pescadoman66! I really like your coop - it has great style and a nice warm feel. Love how you utilized the materials and incorporated it into your fence. It's one of my favorites! I'm actually a graphic designer and the coop is the biggest single structure I've built to date. I've built some cabinets and other things around "this old house". I live in town, so not a lot of room to work with and wanted the coop to fit into the landscape. It's been a very enjoyable project!

I have a linoleum type product on my floor, which is easy to clean, but the chickens do slip on it a bit. The Poop Board I have under their roosting bar has been a great help, as this is where they poop the most and it's easy to clean. I would think that a rubberized material on the floor would be harder to clean, as the bedding material may tend to stick to it. Not sure there. Painting the floor would be fine as well IMO.

Nice job!

Tom

Back
Top Bottom