Pigeon ate a firefly

Oct 18, 2018
I know this section is for chicken, but the pigeon section doesn't get as much traffic as here. I have asked in the pigeon section as well.

My 23 day old homing pigeon was outside with me, and it ate a firefly. It is now in its crop. My research shows that they are poisonous, but I can't find out how to remove it. Please help. Should I try to empty it's crop, or just wait and see what happens? How would I go about emptying its crop? Thanks for your time.

I know this section is for chicken, but the pigeon section doesn't get as much traffic as here. I have asked in the pigeon section as well.

My 23 day old homing pigeon was outside with me, and it ate a firefly. It is now in its crop. My research shows that they are poisonous, but I can't find out how to remove it. Please help. Should I try to empty it's crop, or just wait and see what happens? How would I go about emptying its crop? Thanks for your time.
Are you concerned since it's a "firefly" that it will get heartburn? I have racers and they rarely ingest bugs but never concerned me/never a issue. Sorry about the response sounding "flip" but unless it's airway is blocked, it isn't vocal or acting distressed, I would hope that it's okay

Thanks so much for all the help guys. He's is fine today, and acts totally normal.
IMG_20200603_095241.jpg
IMG_20200603_095309.jpg

Back
Top Bottom