pigeon being weird i don't now what it's doing

decomposed

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
I recently got this pigeon and it is very tame, it does this weird thing though it lays on my bed making noises at me until i pat it then it makes louder noises, does anyone know why it does this? is it horny? lol and can anyone tell if it is a male or a female? here is a video of what it does

Last edited:
The pigeon views you as it's mate, and the sound is the sound that both a hen and cock will make when choosing a nest site. The mate would preen the nest maker in much the same fashion as you touching it's neck, head, and back. Your pigeon loves you.

Aww yay it loves me hehe. I really want to find it a mate it is hard though because i'm not sure if it's male or female, is there any differences in their behavior that i can watch for that will help me tell?

When courting a male will spin slowly in a circle fanning his tail, bobbing his head and taking short hops towards his mate. A hen will sometimes exhibit similar behavior, but not to the same degree.

Aww yay it loves me hehe. I really want to find it a mate it is hard though because i'm not sure if it's male or female, is there any differences in their behavior that i can watch for that will help me tell?
If it jumps about around you and fans out its tail.. dragging it on the floor like a broom, and bows and coos at you a lot, it will be male.

Yours sounds like it might be female as it is mostly cooing and sitting on the bed and letting you preen it.

It won't really matter if you get another pigeon at its the same sex. They will pair up anyway.. and that may be better.....because you won't get unwanted young, unless you want to start breeding you pigeons.

thanks for the education, I only thought male-females paired off. Sure doesn't look like a city pigeon. She is beautiful.

Oh awesome thankyou for all the info, yeah it doesn't seem to dance around like a male pigeon so i'm thinking she must be female, i will definitely be looking for a friend for her.

If she is a hen, she may very well lay an egg in about ten days. Take a day's break and then lay a second egg.

Back
Top Bottom