Pigeon breeders in New York.

gunnarwordon

Songster
8 Years
Jan 15, 2012
Chatham, New York.
Does anybody on here do pigeons near/ in New York State. Preferably Poughkeepsie to Albany area, but not too picky. Fantails, Tumblers, Modenas, Germans, Owls, anything will do.
Thanks!
G.

Last edited:
There's an active poultry email list for the Hudson Valley area and I know there are pigeon fanciers on that list. The list is on yahoogroups.com and is called HudsonValleyChickens. If you post on that list asking about pigeons, I know you will get some answers.

That group has 'tailgate' events where people buy and sell poultry. One is coming up in the beginning of April. Check the group for information. I saw pigeons for sale at most of last year's tailgates. There were homers and some fancy pigeons of several types. And I see them listed for sale on the HV Chickens list (despite the name, it's for all poultry people.)

Hope this helps.

There's an active poultry email list for the Hudson Valley area and I know there are pigeon fanciers on that list. The list is on yahoogroups.com and is called HudsonValleyChickens. If you post on that list asking about pigeons, I know you will get some answers.

That group has 'tailgate' events where people buy and sell poultry. One is coming up in the beginning of April. Check the group for information. I saw pigeons for sale at most of last year's tailgates. There were homers and some fancy pigeons of several types. And I see them listed for sale on the HV Chickens list (despite the name, it's for all poultry people.)

Hope this helps.

Do you go? how far is the swap from Millbrook?

I've been to the tailgate several times. Some times there's a ton of vendors, sometimes not as many. There are more early in the day than in the afternoon.

From the buzz on the HV Chickens list it sounds like there will be a lot of vendors this time including people with some other types of livestock - hogs, goats, and such.

They use different sites, but both are on the other side of the Hudson from Millbrook. I think it would be less than an hour for you, maybe about 45 minutes, but I'm guessing. Some parts of Millbrook are down long windy back roads, so you should use Google maps for a really good estimate.

I've been to the tailgate several times. Some times there's a ton of vendors, sometimes not as many. There are more early in the day than in the afternoon.

From the buzz on the HV Chickens list it sounds like there will be a lot of vendors this time including people with some other types of livestock - hogs, goats, and such.

They use different sites, but both are on the other side of the Hudson from Millbrook. I think it would be less than an hour for you, maybe about 45 minutes, but I'm guessing. Some parts of Millbrook are down long windy back roads, so you should use Google maps for a really good estimate.

okay..... I'll look into it..... thanks!

• James
  • call or text:

260e.png
    (518) 929-7815

Back
Top Bottom