where the heck do I buy pigeons!?

sillybillyhappygirl

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2023
I've been looking into getting pet pigeons for a while now. I've done tons of research, know all about pigeon care, I've got all my supplies figured out... but I can't decide where to buy the pigeon itself!! I specifically am looking into either a classic old frill, chinese owl, or an old german owl, all of which seem to be a little bit harder to find than racing pigeons.
Strombergs seems pretty reliable and have a nice selection, but they're a bit pricey and I'm not able to pick out a specific bird which is kinda a bummer. Whiteracers.com has sold some old frills at a lower price, but I haven't seen anything new from them in a while and I'm not sure that they're still active. In fact, most of the places that I've found that sell the pigeons I'm looking for haven't been updated in at least a few years. I've looked on craigslist, which had a few results at least, and are local so I wouldn't have to pay shipping, there just aren't a ton of options.
So my question to all you more experienced pigeon owners is, which one should I pick?? Are there other places I might have overlooked? Do y'all know of any sites that haven't been inactive for years, or events that I should look out for in my area? Where did you get your pigeons? Helppp!!

I think whiteracers.com is still active. It wouldn’t hurt to give him a call, I’ve dealt with Dennis in the past he is a very pleasant guy.

You could also check out fancypigeonauction.com, I don’t see any old frills atm but the site constantly changes :)

I've been looking into getting pet pigeons for a while now. I've done tons of research, know all about pigeon care, I've got all my supplies figured out... but I can't decide where to buy the pigeon itself!! I specifically am looking into either a classic old frill, chinese owl, or an old german owl, all of which seem to be a little bit harder to find than racing pigeons.
Strombergs seems pretty reliable and have a nice selection, but they're a bit pricey and I'm not able to pick out a specific bird which is kinda a bummer. Whiteracers.com has sold some old frills at a lower price, but I haven't seen anything new from them in a while and I'm not sure that they're still active. In fact, most of the places that I've found that sell the pigeons I'm looking for haven't been updated in at least a few years. I've looked on craigslist, which had a few results at least, and are local so I wouldn't have to pay shipping, there just aren't a ton of options.
So my question to all you more experienced pigeon owners is, which one should I pick?? Are there other places I might have overlooked? Do y'all know of any sites that haven't been inactive for years, or events that I should look out for in my area? Where did you get your pigeons? Helppp!!
I have an Amish friend that sells pigeons. Message me 7178040094

Back
Top Bottom