Pigeon Catching

Btw, I recommend any breed that YOU like! I will say though, buy young birds if possible. That way, they will settle to you if they do escape. I also recommend doing a food call every time you feed, so when one escapes you can call it back. I always whistle when I feed my birds.

My favorite breeds ( if it helps on your choices) are homers, Portuguese tumblers, and I also like figuritas (although I don't have any).

Do multiple breeds get along well together? I love the way the English Owl and Turbit pigeons look, but I don’t want to cause fighting if I have a mixed flock. And on the subject of squabs and mixed flocks, do two different breed pigeons ever breed/bond together? Thanks everyone for all the help :)

Do multiple breeds get along well together? I love the way the English Owl and Turbit pigeons look, but I don’t want to cause fighting if I have a mixed flock. And on the subject of squabs and mixed flocks, do two different breed pigeons ever breed/bond together? Thanks everyone for all the help :)
Yes! Its fine to mix breeds. They will get along (but there's still going to be a pecking order!). You can cross breed pigeons, that's fine. But when you do, if you ever have to sell them, let the buyer know that they are mutts. To many crosses are sold as pure birds, which is frustrating.

EA17CBEA-260B-48D6-88FF-AB48044496F0.jpeg 0818AD97-3F22-4E54-BE9C-B8C57E6D2E3F.jpeg FCF86979-DA66-41F2-B99D-21061B1C2B0E.jpeg 16528181-B719-4676-B47B-0D11B37B1F50.jpeg

The two new hens

Back
Top Bottom