Pigeon divorce?/re-marrying?

Update!: both are fertile and due to hatch in the next few days! The 1st is due Wednesday or Thursday and second around 5 day later. You can see both moving around and being they're blob selves when candling! Even saw the firsts ones little foot XD my photos don't want to upload for some reason but I'll try!

Ps how long does a baby pigeon take to physically hatch? As in from pip to freedom average Time out of curiousity? Cause obviously chicks take hours and I thinks they're a bit more mobile than a baby squab at hatching so would it be longer due to more of a struggle or?

20181209_152439.jpg

Its hatching! Will be hatched Tonight/Tommorrow!) went out to feed dinner and when mom jumped off to grab dinner (if I leave it in box the other birds will climb in to eat it ) I spotted the egg wiggling its self in preparation of pipping! it wasn't just mom's motion lol the egg is actually moving XD hoping I'll come out to a new flock member tomorrow!

On another note my second nest received a fake egg in hopes of making Sophie lay and getting to off her back but now They re just incubating it and have layed no egg at all!!!! why do I do this to myself lol. Another question: When I researched previously I know you have to band babies early on but whats average day for homers? I've heard anything from 4-7 days. Should I attempt at day 4 and if not then try every day so forth or ??? XD I bought bands and have vegetable oil ready when I make the attempt, just wanna double check when that attempt should be.

On another note my second nest received a fake egg in hopes of making Sophie lay and getting to off her back but now They re just incubating it and have layed no egg at all!!!! why do I do this to myself lol. Another question: When I researched previously I know you have to band babies early on but whats average day for homers? I've heard anything from 4-7 days. Should I attempt at day 4 and if not then try every day so forth or ??? XD I bought bands and have vegetable oil ready when I make the attempt, just wanna double check when that attempt should be.
Yep, 4-7 is best. @cavemanrich likes to start on day 4, I like to wait til day 6 and at that point they don't come off. Totally up to you. And fwiw, I'd only use the plastic egg to replace a real one. Unlike chhickens, they pigeons are probably very happy to incubate that egg but I don't think it will encourage more.

Its hatching! Will be hatched Tonight/Tommorrow!) went out to feed dinner and when mom jumped off to grab dinner (if I leave it in box the other birds will climb in to eat it ) I spotted the egg wiggling its self in preparation of pipping! it wasn't just mom's motion lol the egg is actually moving XD hoping I'll come out to a new flock member tomorrow!
:weeA new flock member!:pop

Back
Top Bottom