Pigeon Mounted Camera

GinaTheDuck

Songster
Dec 9, 2012
SF Bay Area
I'm new to pigeons but my two pairs of homers seem to be getting ready to lay (I've seen one pair mating a few times and the other pair seems to be super into their nestbox) and I'd really like to put a camera on one of the babies when I fly them. I've been looking around and it seems like I can do one that's either 30g (and $40) or another nicer one that's 42g (and $60). The 30g one would be home made from the different parts and the 42g one would be premade except for the battery, and it would have nicer video quality, auto stabilization, and (while it's in range) also be able to transmit the video to my phone. Have any of you guys done something like this before? If anyone else has any experience I'd love to hear about it!

Attachments

• IMG-2150 (1).jpg
    IMG-2150 (1).jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 7
Really good point! That would be awful lol, I'm planning on training them with just the backpack and a little 30g weight at first to be sure they can handle it and don't freak out when the camera is on them. I'm really hoping I can train them to about 250 miles out so I can fly them from my boyfriend's house up in Humboldt county, Ca to mine and see the giant redwoods and beautiful valleys from a pigeon's eye view on the flight back home.

Back
Top Bottom