Pigeon Talk

The mild weather has this guy putting the moves on all the hens today.
20191117_122951.jpg

20191117_120752.jpg

Cleo is in quarantine right now. I don't foresee issues. Olive is indifferent to other birds.

She's really tame!

View attachment 1961383

Congrats! :love shes beautiful :love

Sorry im sort of late to the party :oops:

Cots are sort of the big fat piggies of the bird world. Conpleatly domesticated, bred to be so meaty and to tollerate close confinement. This is why i wanted you to have some! Theyre generally pretty relaxed when compared to other quail-- they just dont like to be touched much. Im not completely surprised your taming her down, if you can do so w the buttons :bow well then of course you can with the cots! Im glad she seems healthy and happy :love

Congrats! :love shes beautiful :love

Sorry im sort of late to the party :oops:

Cots are sort of the big fat piggies of the bird world. Conpleatly domesticated, bred to be so meaty and to tollerate close confinement. This is why i wanted you to have some! Theyre generally pretty relaxed when compared to other quail-- they just dont like to be touched much. Im not completely surprised your taming her down, if you can do so w the buttons :bow well then of course you can with the cots! Im glad she seems healthy and happy :love

She is tamer than I expected. She likes being stroked and sitting on my hand. She will eat from my palm while being held in the other. Surprised these are not popular childrens pets. Hands down the calmest bird I've ever met. I think she is a jumbo by breed. She doesn't fly. When she jumps off something she flutters but gains no height.

@memphis she is from the farm store I get lots of my critters from. The last hen they had. I think her temperament is genetic because the quails were not raised as pets there.

Livestock birds cost so much less than pet birds. Olive was $16 and Cleo was $7 and canaries are $50 to $200 and parrots even more but I'm finding the cheapest ones to buy are the friendliest pets.

1118190045.jpg
1118190045a.jpg
1117191352.jpg

Shes really cute Serin!

Xs2! Im so glad you came down this road Mr Serin! I totally agree that 90% of livestock birds are much better pets than 90% of the wild things people try to keep :barnie all these people with these screaming parrots could each have a pair of chicken hens (or quail hens like your case without a backyard) and get healthy eggs for like 1/10th of the cost of the parrot that theyre bored and annoyed with inside of a month or two.

Back
Top Bottom