Pigeon toed duckling

I do appreciate the slight angulation of her feet, but it is not to the degree where I would be particularly concerned; the lack of balance you have mentioned is more concerning. Both of which, could suggest gait function is being altered - given the duckling has intracranial lipoma (crest) that creates an increased predisposition for developing neurological problems. I don't believe niacin is the problem here.

Several vitamins, specifically, B6, B1, and vitamin E are associated with neurological development, and function; additionally, one might consider whether there is a mineral deficiency at play affecting the musculoskeletal structure. To cover more bases, you may consider starting her on a broader poultry vitamin and see if that will help reduce some of the problems you're seeing. Plenty of water therapy, supportive care, and keeping the bird in a stress-free environment may reduce some of the symptoms you're witnessing.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-lamb-kid-selenium-vitamin-e-gel-52983?cm_vc=-10005

This is what I have if you think it could help? And have any idea of the dosage for a duckling?

I started Waffles of nutri-drench today, after reading some other posts of neurological crested ducks a lot of people recommended that. I’m hoping it is not too late for her and we can subside some of her symptoms 🤞🏼❤️

i hear that when the chicks or duckling are little they need to walk on hard surfaces to make there legs strong as adults.

Back
Top Bottom