The babies have been enjoying their outdoor time (when weather permits). The exercise pen seemed like a great idea until someone figured out that if they pushed really hard, they could squeeze out. :eek:
1A008C9D-4B5A-44B2-B6C6-044FCFC9F87C.jpeg

So now, it's just walks around in the grass. It's stimulating, they can nibble greens on the way, and it tires them out. (win-win-win!)
BDBF30F5-41B0-4462-90E2-1138231090C5.jpeg

And it looks like they really are all girls.

Break time during a farm walk (they're short - the littles tire pretty quickly).
23FB4D57-1984-426B-AC63-9A5478ED2E86.jpeg

They are so precious makes me want some goslings. But then I go out and look at mine acting so ornery and it that’s breaks the spell:p but I would love to cuddle with one for a day.
:gig It's like holding a soft, warm, Koosh ball. I'll enjoy the gosling sweetness, knowing they'll be big girls in no time.

The babies have been enjoying their outdoor time (when weather permits). The exercise pen seemed like a great idea until someone figured out that if they pushed really hard, they could squeeze out. :eek:
View attachment 1769670
So now, it's just walks around in the grass. It's stimulating, they can nibble greens on the way, and it tires them out. (win-win-win!)
View attachment 1769668
And it looks like they really are all girls.

Break time during a farm walk (they're short - the littles tire pretty quickly).
View attachment 1769674
:love Those are precious precious babies!!!!

Great post! I just ordered some Pilgrims yesterday after seeing this thread. Do you have any tips on raising pilgrim goslings? We have raised chicks and ducklings before, but these will be our first geese.
Thanks - and congrats! I think you'll find a number of similarities to raising ducklings, esp. regarding water needs, supplementing niacin, and how messy things can get. I like to get them started with very finely-chopped grass (with chick grit) in addition to their formulated feed within a few days and then have them start brief, supervised foraging early on - the stimulation and exercise will help keep them from looking for trouble out of boredom. lol

If you haven't seen it already, @sumi's article has very helpful info specific to raising goslings, too. Wishing you the best in your geese-raising journey and looking forward to seeing pics of your babies!

Back
Top Bottom