Pilgrim Geese thread

sale? seriously?
yuckyuck.gif

I prefer to live in a climate that doesnt get cold, but this is beautiful!

Great pic!

My goose is standing on her one feet sometimes, though se walks normally and I cannot understand if she has a problem? Is that normal?
My birds do this. you should probably check the bottom of her feet every so often just to make sure there isnt anything stuck or the starting of bumble foot. but if she isnt limping she is probably just resting

She thinks she's a goose and LOVES their food! Always time for another project.... hmm.....
My dogs love the waterfowl food

I forgot about this.... it never hatched. It was a single yolk. Poor duck. All that pushing for nothing.
My ducks first few eggs were huge it was alarming.

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've posted. Started last spring with a 5 out of 5 hatch - we were thrilled, though I ended up with only one goose and four ganders. We had so much fun rearing them. We have them on a large grass pasture with a six foot electrified fence. Somewhere around late summer, a bobcat found them. We lost four of the five in a very short time period. We raised the fence to ten feet (that was one heck of a chore) and we haven't had any more losses. I found someone who needed a home for their three pilgrims (one pair and a 2014 male offspring) and we brought them home and created a new family for our remaining goose. My question to all of you is - do any of you have a source for Pilgrim hatching eggs that you're willing to share? With one goose and four ganders I would really like to hatch some eggs this spring, but the woman who sold me my eggs last year is no longer keeping geese. I've had no luck searching for other sources of Pilgrim hatching eggs. I am on Metzer's waiting list for goslings this spring, but that isn't a sure thing, and I'd really rather hatch my own anyway if I can find them. I love the breed, and am hoping to get to a point that I can be offering hatching eggs to others in the future. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom