(Pilgrim) Goose Advice

DB_Tex

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2011
Upshur County, Texas
Last spring I purchase at a swap a pilgrim gosling that was white, so we figured "boy". Well. "Percy" seems to have started laying eggs, and now I'm noticing that "she" has one gray spot on her head. So I guess she's either not a pure pilgrim or very poor color genetics.

Should I get her a gander that's just whatever I can find because there's no chance of breeding for auto sexing with this goose, or can I try to "fix" the auto sexing with a pilgrim gander that had a mother with dark full covering plumage?

Last spring I purchase at a swap a pilgrim gosling that was white, so we figured "boy". Well. "Percy" seems to have started laying eggs, and now I'm noticing that "she" has one gray spot on her head. So I guess she's either not a pure pilgrim or very poor color genetics.

Should I get her a gander that's just whatever I can find because there's no chance of breeding for auto sexing with this goose, or can I try to "fix" the auto sexing with a pilgrim gander that had a mother with dark full covering plumage?
P.O.

Could you post a pic? Sounds like it may not be a Pilgrim. I have a pair of pure breed pilgrims and that doesn’t sound like one.

Back
Top Bottom