Pine shavings in water

Quote:
The shaving in the water, doesn't bother me as much as when they get big enough to turn the whole dang water over. I've had a few chicks that liked to sit on top of the waterer, and they still do a full grown chickens! It's not a big deal out in the run, but it makes a mess in the brooder.

We have the same problem with mine! They knock the whole darn thing over while I'm at school.. I come home, everything looks bone dry, so I'd just fill their water up again and not think anything of it, but low & behold, I cleaned the brooder out yesterday & MOLD was starting to grow underneath the newspaper I had under the shaving! Scrubbing all of that down was a fun time... NOTT.
he.gif

ONE MORE WEEK & THEY'RE OUT OF THERE!!! WOOO!!!
ya.gif

They can make their messes out in the coop, NOT IN MY HOUSE!! :)

I have 3 chicks that are 3 weeks old and I was wondering would wood shavings be alight to put in a brooder because at the moment I have a anti slip mat and the chicks are making my room stick lol any suggestions plz

Quote:
Agreed! We put ours on a few brick pavers and that helped, but didn't completely eliminate the shavings. We changed their water twice a day in the beginning, just trying to keep it clean. Once they're a little taller you can get a taller waterer or hang the waterer and that will help too. Good luck!

Quote:
Agreed! We put ours on a few brick pavers and that helped, but didn't completely eliminate the shavings. We changed their water twice a day in the beginning, just trying to keep it clean. Once they're a little taller you can get a taller waterer or hang the waterer and that will help too. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom