1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pine Trees Trying To Kill My Clucks!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Kung Foo Chicken, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Kung Foo Chicken

Kung Foo Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

With all these pine trees snapping under this snow I'm worried they will be crushed. Already a bunch fell around their coop some of them about as big around as a person's waist. 80-150 ft trees!

2. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    The Sky Is Falling! [​IMG]

3. Kung Foo Chicken

I shined the spotlight out there because I've been up all night looking out there. I wouldn't dare go out there though lest a tree squash me. Looks like a war zone. The coop looks ok but, looks like the kennel panel took a hit and bent the wire backwards.

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I have one tree out in the woods I wish would come down! I've been watching it all day with the wind and all but still nothing!

It's going to take me going out there in my hammock for it to come down! [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Buy the chickens some little hard hats. [​IMG]

6. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    Quote:ur so mean and yet so dang funny sometimes! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    SSS! [​IMG]

(Sorry, I know this is a serious subject...I just couldn't resist. I truly hope all turns out well.)

8. Kung Foo Chicken

Thanks hehe they are ok. One of the kennel panels has been bent to the ground. I have a spare though so all is well.

I guess SSS will be the chainsaw this spring.

9. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Kung foo

Been there, done that. We had an ice storm a couple of years ago an the sounds around the area were terrifiying. Snap, crack, pop, bang, boom. It sounds like the world is coming to an end.
    I was lucky too as most of the branches that came down missed the coop and run.
    Glad you had minor damage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by