pink egg layers

I got a pink egg today and I'm trying to figure out who laid it. This is the first thread that came up in my search. It came from either my chantecler/ameracauna x or one of my white phoenixes. I don't see how it could be from the chantecler because they're brown layers but then someone here posted they got pink from their chantecler x... I know my phoenixes are supposed to lay blue (I got 2 from the mature one when I first brought them home and they were an ice blue, exactly the same colour as their earlobes.) The pink egg I got isn't barbie pink, though; it's basically white with a pink tint - not beige, definitely pink!

For those trying to figure out what cross or breeds, I'll post when I know who made that egg. Anyone with any ideas as to whom I should be watching, let me know! Personally, I'm leaning toward the chantecler x even though her half-sister (australorp - also a brown layer breed - crossed with ameracauna) lays green, just because the eggs are similar shape and size.

I had the chantecler, but crossed with an americauna, I bet she's the one! There is no rhyme or reason to it though. We got them often, but not everyday. I chalk it up to one of those weird combinations of diet, activity, and breed.

I had the chantecler, but crossed with an americauna, I bet she's the one! There is no rhyme or reason to it though. We got them often, but not everyday. I chalk it up to one of those weird combinations of diet, activity, and breed.

My chantecler is also ameracauna cross - she's the white one in my avatar. Interesting... I didn't get another pink egg today but if her laying pattern is going to be the same as her half-sister (who started laying about 3 weeks ago), if it is her, I'll get one tomorrow ;)

Fresh Eggs Daily has a couple of articles about which breed lays what color, and the main pink egg layer is the Light Sussex, also Barred Rock. They also lay light brown or tinted, but you often get pink. EEs, of course. And I think Australorps were mentioned too. But it'll come up if you Google chickens that lay pink eggs.

I heard of a breed called a Croad Langashan (thats not the right spelling Im sure) and its meant to lay a purpleish pink egg

Back
Top Bottom