Pink Skinned Silkie Chicks?

This is slightly off topic, but thought I would ask ’while I’m here’. I just received six sizzle (silkie) chicks - hoping that at least one will have a sizzle gene - it’s not looking promising, but they are only five days old at this point. BUT I was supposed to get mixed colors and FIVE are white. I’m trying to reconcile my frustration by deeming a chick with only ONE black spot a ’paint’. Are there paints with only one black spot? 😆

I had hoped for one black chick (or even blue), and wondered if the seller (who sent me other lovely mixed color chicks of another breed), deemed the chick with one black spot a carrier of a black gene. 🤷🏻‍♀️🙂

(I’ve always avoided white silkies, but have seen posts from other like minded Silkie lovers, who fell in love with their ‘unexpected’ whites as they grew up into stunning birds 🤞)

This is slightly off topic, but thought I would ask ’while I’m here’. I just received six sizzle (silkie) chicks - hoping that at least one will have a sizzle gene - it’s not looking promising, but they are only five days old at this point. BUT I was supposed to get mixed colors and FIVE are white. I’m trying to reconcile my frustration by deeming a chick with only ONE black spot a ’paint’. Are there paints with only one black spot? 😆

I had hoped for one black chick (or even blue), and wondered if the seller (who sent me other lovely mixed color chicks of another breed), deemed the chick with one black spot a carrier of a black gene. 🤷🏻‍♀️🙂

(I’ve always avoided white silkies, but have seen posts from other like minded Silkie lovers, who fell in love with their ‘unexpected’ whites as they grew up into stunning birds 🤞)
That is frustrating
I’m not an expert, but I think that does qualify as a paint chick. Also, more often than not my paint chicks will become even more spotted as their adult ‘feathers’ come in.
White silkies are gorgeous as adults! They’re some of my favourites. Do the chicks look frizzled? You should be able to tell by now

That is frustrating
I’m not an expert, but I think that does qualify as a paint chick. Also, more often than not my paint chicks will become even more spotted as their adult ‘feathers’ come in.
White silkies are gorgeous as adults! They’re some of my favourites. Do the chicks look frizzled? You should be able to tell by now
I’m not super experienced with Silkies and I’ve mostly started with adults over the years, so I’m not that familiar with how their feathers develop. I’ve been trying to learn a bit over the past few days, because I’m sooo curious about what I’ve got.

Im pretty sure that one of the whites is a smooth. She’s got five toes but has feathers that look like a regular chicken. I am getting more bits of black feathering on the ‘paint?’ - and maybe two faint spots on one of the others. I’m thinking the very pale blue chick is a porcelain blue (which could be very cool). I’m going to try to get a picture to post. One of the whites has a pinkish tint to it, but feathering appears white when I look closely.

Maybe I’m off to try to get pics 😆

I’m not super experienced with Silkies and I’ve mostly started with adults over the years, so I’m not that familiar with how their feathers develop. I’ve been trying to learn a bit over the past few days, because I’m sooo curious about what I’ve got.

Im pretty sure that one of the whites is a smooth. She’s got five toes but has feathers that look like a regular chicken. I am getting more bits of black feathering on the ‘paint?’ - and maybe two faint spots on one of the others. I’m thinking the very pale blue chick is a porcelain blue (which could be very cool). I’m going to try to get a picture to post. One of the whites has a pinkish tint to it, but feathering appears white when I look closely.

Maybe I’m off to try to get pics 😆
D7909891-1232-43AD-9A45-D5FAE88071E8.jpeg
3A65092E-F7C0-49C4-A04E-AC49BC22948A.jpeg
564490BF-3839-4274-85A9-4FA1B0CA97D4.jpeg
6337E71E-AECE-44D5-A3EC-B850D21FF96D.jpeg

The bottom two are white, the middle pics are the very pale blue and a white with a very pale pink shading - but feathering looks white. The top two have a few flecks of black (very tiny on the right one). The left one had quite a bit of the green shipping nutritional goo on it, so it still looks a bit scruffy. I’m wondering if it’s possible to tell if any might be sizzles at this point 🤷🏻‍♀️. I ordered six, hoping for at least one.

Back
Top Bottom