Pink Zebra Incubator (Miss Prissy style) - lots of pics.

An update on my last dozen I put in the bator- 5 were infertile, 4 were early quitters, 1 was a late quitter, and I got the two very healthy, very cute chicks in my profile pic.

I don't think dry hatching is the best for my circumstances, so next time I'll be going with standard humidity levels throughout. Hopefully get that hatch rate up. But the bator did awesome keeping its temps!

Another update on this incubator.

For the New Year's Day hatch along, I incubated 37 eggs. 4 were infertile clears I tossed day 7. That left 33.

ALL made it to lock down, and all but 4 hatched!!

29 out of 33 fertile eggs is 88% hatch rate!!
:celebrate

All eggs were local. I'm about to participate in the Easter hatch along with shipped eggs. We'll see how it goes with those.

So how did you deal with the humidity? And how.did it work.with the duct tape?

Good question about the humidity. I did my last hatch with standard humidity levels (30-35% for incubation, 65% for lock down). The small container was enough to keep the incubation humidity, and I layed a wet wash cloth across the bottom with the corner in the water container for lock down. That worked well. I used a straw to add water to the container when necessary.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the duct tape. It held up really well. The "windows" stayed in place. Having them taped on allowed me to easily remove them so I could put the incubator in the dishwasher. Because the cheap plexiglass got a bit scratched up, I replaced them for this next hatch. This time I used purple duct tape. :)

Back
Top Bottom