Pinless Peeper help, please

Tikkijane

Crowing
9 Years
So I got the ones from Randall Burkey http://www.randallburkey.com/PIN-LESS-PEEPERS-100-PKG/productinfo/10097/ and not having any luck getting them in. To begin with, even after soaking in very hot water, I can't get them to bend. Opening with the snap ring pliers broke them and sent them flying.

Not to mention, even having the chicken encased in a towel, I can't get these to open far enough and get them in her nose. And we're sure they aren't pinching and doing damage in the nostrils? I am to the point where I am sick and tired of the plucking- they do this even when they are out; they have plenty of space and I've upped their protein. This is entirely behavior at this point and it needs to stop.

What's the trick to getting them in?

We got them. I think the water needed to be hotter. We switched- I held and she put them in. I don't have a flock of happy chickens, but here's hoping it helps....
big_smile.png

Fwiw.

I understand it can be frustrating, when we put ours in I did not soak them but I did file the edges down that go into the nose because they were a little too fat. I took my fingers and kind of stretched them to make them a little more flexible but no tools I slipped one side in and then the other side in, and our girl had very thin nose holes but they went in just fine and she has totally changed since havin them in.

Quote:
You could be right about the brand, we got ours from eggcartons.com they are orange?

I also noticed you homeschool too, we are also homeschooling our daughter!!

Quote:
You could be right about the brand, we got ours from eggcartons.com they are orange?

I also noticed you homeschool too, we are also homeschooling our daughter!!

Nope, we're green.

9 years in with the homeschooling.
smile.png

Here's a question- anyone have trouble with them eating and drinking? My kids are convinced that they can't eat or drink from the feeder. I haven't been out to observe up close personally, but it looks like they are ok. We have the regular big plastic feeders, fwiw.

Tikki
smile.png

It tooks ours about 3 days but she eats and drinks just fine, the thing is when there is food scattered all over she will stay in one place because she has to focus on the ground and cannot go around bullying the other girls, but she has a big crop almost every day.

Back
Top Bottom