Pinless Peeper/Poultry Blinders?

MoodyChicken

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Northern California
I need to get some of these to manage my roos. Where can I order bantam sized pinless peepes? They need to fit Modern Game and Old English Game Bantams, and I need the removable kind so I can take them off for show. Any reccomendations?

The only place I could find for pinless peepers is eggcartons.com or Randall Burkey. They only had one size, but I was actually afraid they'd be too small for my hens as they are advertised for gamefowl, not chickens.

They work beautifully, and aren't hard to put on at all if you get a pair of snap-ring pliers (buy from a hardware store, not eggcartons.com who wants to charge you an arm and a leg for them).

Quote:
I've found the Perfect Peeper Pliers for $9.97 at Lowes in the irrigation section of the plumbing department. Item # 126028 was made for sprinkler heads, but they are just the thing for placing or replacing peepers.

Have some fun with them. Add googly eyes or hats. Take a look at my movies at the link below and see if you don't split a gut laughing.

17397_googleeyegirl.gif

BTW, they work GREAT!

Dr.Doorlock :

Quote:
I've found the Perfect Peeper Pliers for $9.97 at Lowes in the irrigation section of the plumbing department. Item # 126028 was made for sprinkler heads, but they are just the thing for placing or replacing peepers.

Have some fun with them. Add googly eyes or hats. Take a look at my movies at the link below and see if you don't split a gut laughing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/17397_googleeyegirl.gif

BTW, they work GREAT!

Oh I've seen those photos, I gained many giggles from them.
big_smile.png
I'm totally going to decorate mine.​

I wasn't sure if it came across from the other posts that the pinless peepers will come off as easily as they went on.

If you only put peepers on your problem birds, like we did, expect them to get picked on for an hour or so as other birds peck at the peepers. But pretty soon everyone gets used to them, no muss no fuss. They seem to stay on very well, even through the chicken's best attempts at getting them off.

How exactly do you get the chicken to hold still while putting the peepers on (or taking them off).

Do you hold the chicken by the beak? If not, how else do you restrain the chicken?
Is this a two-person job?

Please describe in detail how to put them on and take them off.

I have heard that you can warm them in very hot water. I tried this, and they became quite pliable but the chicken would not hold still! I am not sure how adding pliers to the equation would help me.

Back
Top Bottom