Pinless Peepers caused Chicken to get swarmed by the rest of the flock!!

Thanks everyone - things seems so much better today!! I cannot believe the difference already. I am hoping that it will continue, but it is like night and day!

How much room in the run?

Also, it may only be 3 getting pecked because they are the lowest in the pecking order. They could be getting less food because of bullying or they could just be getting the brunt of the rest of the chicken's frustrations if they are overcrowded.

BOSS has a little extra protein but it's really a treat more than a protein supplement. The hulls are insoluble fiber so BOSS can be too much filling without enough nutrient. Cooked fish, meat or eggs are good protein supplements. Some other protein boosters I've heard about would be alfalfa pellets for horses, catfood, and game bird feed but I've never used any of them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-much-room-do-chickens-need
Ditto Dat^^^^^ They need animal protein........BOSS is very fatty too.

I have turkey burgers left over. Can I warm them up and feed them that? Would that be ok for them?
Sure.... Nice lean animal protein!
I wouldn't give them too much of it at one time...like any new food.
I usually give out some meat a few times a week.

I give my birds cooked ground turkey a couple times a week. About a heaping tablespoon each will suffice.

I give my birds cooked ground turkey a couple times a week. About a heaping tablespoon each will suffice.

But, but, but that's not vegetarian!!!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom