Pip and Bleed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BerrytangleFarm, Jan 26, 2011.

1. BerrytangleFarm

BerrytangleFarm British and Scandinavian Poultry

The recent pipper is enlarging it's hole and there's blood under the membrane it broke through. Is that normal?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

No it is not, but DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! I can survive if you just leave it alone and let it absorb the sac......

3. BerrytangleFarm

Quote:There are two other pippers that I can see, so I can't open the incubator. I don't want to risk them. Hoping it's all hatched in the morning!

It seems to be too anxious for it's own good...

4. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    yesss!!!!! i cannot stress enough, that you do not even touch it, it could possibly make it if left alone, just don't let it get shrink wrapped pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzz do not touch it, it will more than likely be a broken heart for you if you do try to help it, all i can say is keep high humidity

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    X's two [​IMG]

6. BerrytangleFarm

No change since last night.

[​IMG]

She's still breathing and peeping now and then. We did get one hatch this morning --

[​IMG]

They're both Silkies, so I know the humidity must be okay. Haven't opened since lockdown and have no intention of doing it since we have 4 new pippers this morning. I sure hope this over-anxious little one makes it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by