Pip in the wrong spot!

Usually when they are about to internal pip that air cells dips foreword fast
My last two marks are only 2 days apart
I don’t ever run by lockdown date of the book
I candle my eggs daily and go by the eggs signs
I have 10 eggs and 6 now have shown signs
Eggs rocking , air cell with fast dip and shadowing pushing against air cell. That’s when I stop turning
I don’t up my humidity right away until I see an internal pip that way the air cell can still grow as needed
My other 4 eggs are close by morning they will all be on lockdown
That is so cool! I have never heard of someone doing it that way but it makes sense. My last hatch I saw all the eggs moving around but this time I see nothing. I'm still new to this tho, this is only my 3rd hatch. I've been reading and trying to learn everything I can about the incubation process. This is the first time I've marked the air cells at all! It's crazy how they can change so quickly!

That is so cool! I have never heard of someone doing it that way but it makes sense. My last hatch I saw all the eggs moving around but this time I see nothing. I'm still new to this tho, this is only my 3rd hatch. I've been reading and trying to learn everything I can about the incubation process. This is the first time I've marked the air cells at all! It's crazy how they can change so quickly!
When you didn’t mark the air cells, how did you know what position the eggs should be to hatch? This might be a stupid question 😂 I’m about to incubate my first eggs and this part confuses me.

You will find what works best for you
I just found I had some eggs go early some go late so now I just read my eggs
I get 90-100 % hatch rates including having schools use my eggs , set up and my guidance
Both got 100 % and had never hatched a thing
I like to mark the air cells and weigh my eggs once a week
That way if they look small or eggs are not loosing enough weight I can fix it with humidity

When you didn’t mark the air cells, how did you know what position the eggs should be to hatch? This might be a stupid question 😂 I’m about to incubate my first eggs and this part confuses me.
Honestly I didn't know I was supposed to be marking them! I just laid them down on the last side that I turned them to. I never had an issue tho. They hatched normally

Honestly I didn't know I was supposed to be marking them! I just laid them down on the last side that I turned them to. I never had an issue tho. They hatched normally
Always best to lay them with the higher side of air cell facing up
It’s not mandatory to mark. Many don’t but it makes things easier when you can look at the pip and see if it’s in or outside of the air cell

You will find what works best for you
I just found I had some eggs go early some go late so now I just read my eggs
I get 90-100 % hatch rates including having schools use my eggs , set up and my guidance
Both got 100 % and had never hatched a thing
I like to mark the air cells and weigh my eggs once a week
That way if they look small or eggs are not loosing enough weight I can fix it with humidity
So do you go into lockdown when the first egg pips? Or do you put that one on lockdown and continue turning the others? Sorry if that's a dumb question I'm just curious!

So do you go into lockdown when the first egg pips? Or do you put that one on lockdown and continue turning the others? Sorry if that's a dumb question I'm just curious!
I believe she simply waits until they look ready, once the air cells are drawing down a bit, once there's shadowing against the air cell. Then you know internal pip isn't long away, and it's time for lockdown.
If there's one incubator, no spare for lockdown, it would be best to lock them all down as soon as one is ready.
Everyone does it differently though

I believe she simply waits until they look ready, once the air cells are drawing down a bit, once there's shadowing against the air cell. Then you know internal pip isn't long away, and it's time for lockdown.
If there's one incubator, no spare for lockdown, it would be best to lock them all down as soon as one is ready.
Everyone does it differently though
Thank you for clarifying! Everyone does things so differently it's hard to know what you should do. I guess it's a lot of trial and error

Had another one pip closer to the top of the egg!

Attachments

• 20230327_085214.jpg
    20230327_085214.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom