Pip question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jaimie44, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jaimie44

jaimie44 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    Good morning all you hatchers!
    I have a total of 27 eggs and Im on day 20. Last night around 8pm I saw the first pip. Since then 6 more have pipped and are making great progress and chirping.[​IMG] That first egg tho has done nothing since 8 last night. Pipped a tiny hole and thats it while the rest are zipping. My question is...how long should I wait before Im concerned about that first one? I did the dry incubation. On lockdown I upped humidity to around 72% and temp is holding between 99-100.....

2. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    I would not worry it sometimes takes 24 hrs from pip to zip. I have had one wait 36 hrs talk about a nail bitter.

3. jaimie44

jaimie44 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    Thank you-that makes me feel better [​IMG] Probably a good thing Im working today....the suspense is killing me! Ill just leave it be and see whats happening when I get home.

4. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    I've had some take 2 days to get out. and sometimes the very first ones to pip have taken the longest. they are funny little things and will deff stress you out right from the start [​IMG]

good luck, and hang in there..I usually always give them an extra day or 2...like going into day 23 before I call them quitters.

good luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by