Pip the chick: two days old.

Pepurr

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 19, 2011
Bernalillo, NM
Here is Pip. Pip's coming out was this past Friday. Pip is anxious for it the other eggs to hatch so they can pal around. While Pip waits, there is work to be done at the key board.

I heard some peeping in there a while ago. I haven't seen any more piping though. I seen that the humidity had fallen to 50, so I added hot water and a sponge. I'm going to check it now. Fingers crossed.
fl.gif

Yahoo! We have a pip.
ya.gif

It is one of the Road Island Red daddy and unsure mommy. It is a brown egg and I have a Road Island Red, 3 Americana, 1 Plymouth Rock and the one Brahma - Bantam. Maybe it is the Road Island Red mommy.

Hey! Pip is two days old now. Should I keep it separate from the new ones hatching till they catch up a little?

Cool!
wink.png

I see 3 more eggs that have pipped. Two just a little, the other a lot more. I started with 13 eggs in there. Threw one out cause it was clear. If I get 50% I'll be happy as pappy.

I found 5 eggs hatched overnight. That makes 6 out of 13. I reckon I'll give the rest two more days. If they aren't hatched by then, I guess they didn't make it..

Back
Top Bottom