Pip the chick: two days old.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pepurr, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Pepurr

Pepurr Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2011
    Bernalillo, NM
    Here is Pip. Pip's coming out was this past Friday. Pip is anxious for it the other eggs to hatch so they can pal around. While Pip waits, there is work to be done at the key board.

I heard some peeping in there a while ago. I haven't seen any more piping though. I seen that the humidity had fallen to 50, so I added hot water and a sponge. I'm going to check it now. Fingers crossed. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    Cutie!

3. Pepurr

Dec 19, 2011
    Bernalillo, NM
    Yahoo! We have a pip. [​IMG]

It is one of the Road Island Red daddy and unsure mommy. It is a brown egg and I have a Road Island Red, 3 Americana, 1 Plymouth Rock and the one Brahma - Bantam. Maybe it is the Road Island Red mommy.

Hey! Pip is two days old now. Should I keep it separate from the new ones hatching till they catch up a little?

4. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    naah, once they dry out i say put them together! congrats!! pip is a cutie pie!

5. Pepurr

Dec 19, 2011
    Bernalillo, NM
    Cool! [​IMG]

I see 3 more eggs that have pipped. Two just a little, the other a lot more. I started with 13 eggs in there. Threw one out cause it was clear. If I get 50% I'll be happy as pappy.

6. Pepurr

Dec 19, 2011
    Bernalillo, NM
    I found 5 eggs hatched overnight. That makes 6 out of 13. I reckon I'll give the rest two more days. If they aren't hatched by then, I guess they didn't make it..

7. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by