pip'd wrong end *photo

Temp is currently at 100, humidity at 70 and yes I have a fan. I've had 5 chicks hatch out. I've got 4 eggs that I think are quitters but going to give them another day or two to be sure. And I have 1 egg with an external pip but hasn't zipped all the way yet. It started it's external pip about 11 am this morning.

Last edited:
Temp is currently at 100, humidity at 70 and yes I have a fan. I've had 5 chicks hatch out. I've got 4 eggs that I think are quitters but going to give them another day or two to be sure. And I have 1 egg with an external pip but hasn't zipped all the way yet. It started it's external pip about 11 am this morning.

Give your one more time. 11 this morning isn't long enough, hell come out.

Lol all that are going to hatch have. I got 5 black copper marans and 1 crested cream legbar (pretty sure it's a roo) I did the float test on the 4 unhatched eggs and they all tested viable but had no movement. So following the assisted hatch information I made a small hole in the air cell to check things out. All 4 were positioned correctly, but had died before pip. :( one of the unhatched eggs was a black copper maran but the dead chick inside is pale yellow/white!

Last edited:
Lol all that are going to hatch have. I got 5 black copper marans and 1 crested cream legbar (pretty sure it's a roo) I did the float test on the 4 unhatched eggs and they all tested viable but had no movement. So following the assisted hatch information I made a small hole in the air cell to check things out. All 4 were positioned correctly, but had died before pip.
sad.png
one of the unhatched eggs was a black copper maran but the dead chick inside is pale yellow/white!
WHITE? WOW, strange for a black copper. LOL, I had some marans but lost them all, Would love to get more again..

Yes very odd I thought but the seller I purchased the eggs from said that it might happen. Below is what they had to say about the eggs I purchased so you know what I mean....

Welcome!

WE SHIP ALL OUR EGGS FOR FREE!

Hello and thanks for looking. Well we made it through a hard winter but have some great hardy stock to breed this season. The photo of our eggs is to show how dark they are compared to our brown Salmon Faverole eggs. This is our 10th year in the hatching egg business. We are offering in this sale 12 of our French Standard Black Copper Marans fertile hatching (# 2 CULL) eggs. These eggs are #2 graded, they are just lighter in color as some hens as they progress through their laying cycle and age their eggs will become lighter in the color scale and are not as dark as our #1 eggs are, they are still just as fertile and will still produce the same offspring, as a matter of fact our newest line of the french white mutant copper marans came from a batch of these cull eggs last fall that we hatched! so these may be the best option if you are wanting to try to get a white maran or two! The french standard are different in that the (French) will have HEAVILY FEATHERED shanks and outer toes as seen in our HD photos. Any one claiming to be selling french standard should be able to show you so you can be sure you are getting good stock. These are a nice bird in that they are very docile and love company. Our birds are full blooded and are a fourth generation breeding program made up of the Wade Jean, Cottage Hill, Margita and Bev Davis lines and last year we imported 14 pure bloods from France. Our FBCM flock today is at 80+ hens and in with them are 15 roosters so fertility remains very high! Our eggs are collected and stored according to all hatchery guidelines. Just FYI this past season during one of our hatches we noticed a few pure white chicks emerge!, we were at fist kind of confused how this could happen but after researching we discovered that the FRENCH WHITE BLACK COPPER MARAN is one of the rarest birds on the planet and are extremely rare and valuable, we have since been pulling these little guys whenever they emerge and are building a pure white line that is just beautiful, we will be offering their eggs later this summer. However this means that with our French Black Copper Maran eggs, you may possibly get one or more of these little guys. Please view the last 3 pics of our pure white parent stock that we have been getting from our birds. They are packaged in brand new sterile egg cartons, we feel that our feedback and reputation for our packaging and safe shipping methods help us remain one of the leaders in successfully earning our customers 100% positive feedback. We do not wash our eggs so any that are heavily soiled or having fecal matter on them are discarded as this promotes the growth of bacteria and con not just harm that egg but contaminate an entire incubator of eggs. We only ship our eggs on the following Mondays and Tuesdays after the sale date, using 2 to 3 day USPS Priority mail with free tracking and insurance. We are proud professionals in our breeding and production of fertile hatching eggs, we are not hobby farmers. Because of elements and circumstances beyond our ability to control, once they leave our facility we cannot guarantee any specific hatch results you may have. We are extremely matriculate in the packaging of our eggs and you will see upon arrival that we hold the industry standard for safe shipment of eggs through the postal service. We will however, prior to any feedback left do our very best to work out any problems that may happen not due to our negligence. You are free to check with any of our past customers. Outside of their daily free ranging, we have our birds feed custom blended and enriched from our own recipe and this proves to be one of the main factors of our birds being so healthy and strong from birth. Thank you for looking and have a great 2015 season!

Please Read Carefully:

We are producers of fresh fertile hatching eggs of many breeds of poultry, this is our business and we take it very seriously, our birds produce and we sell, pack and successfully ship over 100,000 eggs each year since 2006, we are NOT hobby farmers, our feedback profile shows that we do a fantastic job in providing our customers with the highest quality products, service and pricing that keep us ahead of the rest, we are THE largest fertile egg seller on e-bay and the internet, we know what we are doing so put your trust in us and experience the difference we provide in the hatching egg business!

Thank you once again and have a GREAT 2015!

"PLEASE READ BELOW"

Because of Ebay's unfair business practices and listing fees, we have moved all our egg listings into our ebay store "survivalseedsowers". So for a bigger, better selection, and at better, lower prices, be sure to click on over to our store and avoid the auction stress. Thank you and have a GREAT DAY!

Thats great information, I do have to make one comment, a dirty egg doesn't cause any harm to the embroys or growth... I know because I have hatched out many babies with dirt on the shell..

As far as bacteria, never had an issue yet. I have ducks and with ducks they are NOT the cleanest when it comes to there eggs. I have hatched out many babies, personally, I consider this an extra protection.

But I completely understand why you would discard them, I'm not judging or trying to say anything to offend you, I just know with personal experience a dirty egg doesn't cause harm...

Good to know! I'm very new at this, so I'm absorbing everything I can and appreciate all information! But just to clarify I didn't write that above, that was the information from the eBay seller where I purchased the maran eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom