Pipd's Peeps!

Good news this morning! Reinette has a lot more color to her comb. She's shying away from my hands like usual (she's not a people chicken like some others). She was facing away from her food and water, so I had to reach in and rotate her. Once she was oriented the right way again, she actually started eating! She's preening and even muttering to herself about the service in this joint! :p Trying not to get my hopes to high, but she sure seems to have turned a corner all of the sudden! :fl
that is good news!

Definitely! She's quieted down a bit since this morning, but hasn't gotten any worse otherwise, so... :fl

Just wanted to post a bit of a funny. For some context, my nephew has been having some hitting problems when he doesn't get his way, so his mom has been trying to get that tamed down before school starts for him in a week. Apparently something is sinking in, because a few minutes ago he came running in from playing outside to tell me that one of the big chickens hit one of the little chickens with her beak. :gig How do you even explain something like that when you're trying to get the kid to understand not to hit others?

Reinette today! Her color is getting better still and her appetite seems to be picking up, including some much better looking droppings. Err, if you can call any droppings good looking. :p She's still a bit sleepy and lethargic, but at least she doesn't seem woozy or dizzy like she was before. :fl

IMG_20190808_120606.jpg

Hi, all! Thought I'd update on Reinette! She's back to her normal behavior--totally resistant to being handled and glowering at me from her hospital pen any chance she gets. :p Her appetite is back to normal, droppings look good (again... if droppings can really be described as good... :sick ), and her color is great! I'm debating now whether I should put her outside for a bit during the day or not with her fly strike wound. Her hospital pen is rather cramped for her at this point, so I feel bad for keeping her in it. Her wound does appear to be healing nicely, but at the same time, it's definitely still present. I don't want her to end up with fly strike again, and I definitely don't want the other birds to see it and decide to peck at it! That said, she's definitely had enough of being inside based on her aforementioned behavior. :lol: We'll see what happens. :)

Hi, all! Thought I'd update on Reinette! She's back to her normal behavior--totally resistant to being handled and glowering at me from her hospital pen any chance she gets. :p Her appetite is back to normal, droppings look good (again... if droppings can really be described as good... :sick ), and her color is great! I'm debating now whether I should put her outside for a bit during the day or not with her fly strike wound. Her hospital pen is rather cramped for her at this point, so I feel bad for keeping her in it. Her wound does appear to be healing nicely, but at the same time, it's definitely still present. I don't want her to end up with fly strike again, and I definitely don't want the other birds to see it and decide to peck at it! That said, she's definitely had enough of being inside based on her aforementioned behavior. :lol: We'll see what happens. :)
Bravo.gif

bowing throwing flowers.gif
:p

As of last night, Reinette is very suddenly molting, I'm assuming from the stress of her injury and ailment. She's doing great still! Still thinking about taking her out for at least a brief visit so she's not forgotten by the flock, probably this weekend. She's tough to catch when she's out on the loose, so I'll have to set up a small pen for her if I do. She's definitely going to get a little SWAT around her wound beforehand to keep flies away, too! I don't need a repeat on this one! :sick

View attachment 1879416 :p

As of last night, Reinette is very suddenly molting, I'm assuming from the stress of her injury and ailment. She's doing great still! Still thinking about taking her out for at least a brief visit so she's not forgotten by the flock, probably this weekend. She's tough to catch when she's out on the loose, so I'll have to set up a small pen for her if I do. She's definitely going to get a little SWAT around her wound beforehand to keep flies away, too! I don't need a repeat on this one! :sick
We are moving into molting season!

Yup, and lots of the girls are molting already! It's a bit early for Reinette, though. Pretty sure she molted around October or November last year.

A bit of a funny from this morning. Freema just couldn't wait for her breakfast today. Does she look ashamed? :p

freema freema freema.jpg
yeah im in the bin.jpg
you gotta problem.jpg

Back
Top Bottom