Pipd's Peeps!

Pics
Well, I went and did it. I took pictures of the flock this evening. It was different not having Frou-Frou follow me through the entire process, and at first it was hard and disheartening... But then the rest of the gals, especially the Dorkings, came around to remind me why I still love chickening. :) I have around 25 pictures, I think, so hang on! This is bound to be a long post!

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, due to sketchy laws possible in the future about unmarked pictures on the internet, I've decided to start marking all the pictures of my birds. I'm still deciding how I want to do it, so don't mind the messiness and inconsistency with it.

The free-range area! This is the woods directly behind their chicken yard, where they used to be fenced but are now free to range every afternoon. (P.S. My Campine, Ihi, and my Sussex, Iddy Biddy, are in this picture--anyone see them?)

Can you tell where their fence used to be? (Ihi's in this shot as well. ;) )

Poggy the Speckled Sussex was enjoying her evening scratching in the woods.

Iddy Biddy. I love how colorful she looks in this lighting!

Poppy the Legbar. I have no idea what's with the face. :lol:

Her silly, rumpley comb. :rolleyes:

It didn't take long before I had gotten the attention of some certain someones... Just look at these faces! :love

Elda getting her cuddles. :love

Kit joined us, too.

My Dorkings. :love

The sweetie-face from my Elly. :love

...And then she saw her reflection in the camera lens. :lol:

And here's Freema the Barred Plymouth Rock grumping me for holding anyone but her. :rolleyes:

Here are Trudi and Malcolm, my adult Call Ducks, in their pool.

I also brought Crash duck out, which got Malcolm riled up. I was surprised to see Crashie go right up to Mal and try to bite him through the fence while he was trying to bite her! I would have gotten more pictures of Crash, but she was being very uncooperative for the effort.

Iddy Biddy again. She just wanted to get to the food pan and I had to stop her for a picture. :rolleyes:

Margaret and I. :love

Kit being pretty.

Tilde the Swedish Flower Hen. I don't know why she looks so surprised, she saw me approach her! She's in mid-molt, hence the roughness of her appearance at the moment.

Tiwhiri the Light Brown Leghorn. She's standing where my little Sebright, Vespa, was buried.

Mabel the Welsummer, chilling on a branch. She always looks so angry!

Sora the red sexlink, up close and personal.

Reuben, Mr. Manly Ball of Fluff, in prison for domestic violence. :rant But seriously, he's still harassing Margie, so he gets the pen!

And to finish off the post, Frou-Frou. She is buried outside my parents' window (my room is on the second floor and above the front porch, so this was as close to my window as we could get). Dad bought the rose bush directly behind her, just for her. It should be a yellow rose with pink at the center, but we'll see on that next year. Mom and I are planning on getting some bulbs to plant around her this fall as well, for a little memorial garden.

A close up of her headstone, with her footprints in it. This was one of those handprint stepping stone kits that we did together before she passed.

Now that I've finally finished captioning all these pictures--PHEW!--I've got to go to bed. Class in the morning. Enjoy!

Lovely pictures, as always. I do spy your two hens in the woods
smile.png
. I really like your Dorkings. They are beautiful and do have quite the "faces"! Also, your SFH is gorgeous. Frou-Frou's stepping stone is lovely. That is a great idea to do with a beloved pet. Oh, and Crash looks so grown up since I've last seen her! So funny how she tried to bite dad. Glad to see you were able to take pictures of the rest of your flock again.

Yeah, chicken therapy at its finest. I have a feeling I'll need many more sessions in the future. ;)

It's amazing how fast Crash has grown, isn't it? Seems like no time at all since I was helping her wriggle out of her little shell, and now she's practically a full grown duck! Sigh...

The stepping stone, I'm glad that I had that for her. I also have a plaster footprint of her's that's on my headboard above my bed. I'm just really thankful I got those finished when I did.

Back
Top Bottom