Pipd's Peeps!

Thanks again. :hugs Yeah, I've just got to learn to step away from threads sooner when I see people like that. It was such a disheartening situation when I really do think it would have been a useful thread with the information that some had provided had some others just backed off. :hmm Oh, well.

Nah, I don't think you did. :hugs You rolled with it a lot better than I did. I definitely got more upset about the whole thing than I should have, but darn, it was so frustrating! :barnie
Well if you have the option and want to bad enough then go uhead and create a new one. If you are the owner then make it clear to everyone no hateing.

The OP of the other one already said as much in the first post (well, said it wasn't the place for the opposite viewpoint) and it didn't slow anyone down. :hmm Besides, I doubt the moderators would approve of a controversial thread that got deleted being remade, regardless of the reason.

I have been thinking about making a thread for other breeds with silkie-feathered varieties like my silkied Cochin bantams, though. I may end up doing so sometime. :)

Last edited:
I believe I have captured Ganymede's personality in one picture... And it's scary... :oops:

grumpy ganymede 10-7-19.jpg

We lost our Lady Wyandotte overnight. I kind of knew it was coming with the way she's been behaving since she began her molt. She's had enough energy to keep away from me as usual, but has been droopy otherwise. Yesterday, I was able to catch her because she was huddled in the corner of the deck, and she was nothing but skin and bones. :( I brought her in to a hospital pen because it's been chilly here rather abruptly and I was hoping the warmth would help her. She did seem a bit perkier, but refused to eat or drink. She passed at about 4am this morning. She was 9-1/2 years old.

What a pretty bird! And she lived so long with you... It's a testimony to your wonderful care.

:hugs

What a pretty bird! And she lived so long with you... It's a testimony to your wonderful care.

:hugs

:hugs Thank you, she really was quite a long-lived old gal. Much as I strive to give them the best care possible, it seems like only a select few ever get to such advanced ages. I always find it odd being around the flock after such an old bird has passed on, too, even as numerous as my flock has gotten at this point. Just being used to seeing them for so long, I suppose. That's sort of faded at this point, but I did see her sister, Raven, out of the corner of my eye just a day or two ago and had to do a double take thinking it was her!

Saruman comes to mind.... :oops:

572617-sarumanq.jpg
grumpy-ganymede-10-7-19-jpg.1928562

:gig Ganymede the White does have a nice ring to it... :p

Last edited:
Oh, yes, and something I forgot to mention in all the hubbub this past week was that Miss Elly has moved back out into the coop and reintegrated into the flock with no problems at all! No crop issues since, so I think she's all set, and good timing, too, with the weather going all over the place. :)

Well, peace was briefly shattered here. :barnie Rigel and Toliman had an out-and-out war through the fence and both of them are thoroughly bloodied. Doesn't look like much damage was actually done, but they both have some nicks and swelling, and Rigel's face was so encrusted with blood that his eye was glued shut. They seem to be okay now and are no longer fighting, so maybe they rattled each other's pea brains enough to knock some sense into each other.
facepalm head shake.gif
Roosters!

Back
Top Bottom