Pipd's Peeps!

Thanks, Ron! I've been looking at Elector, just that price tag puts me off a bit... :hmm I'm thinking it'll be worth it to do in the spring, though, when I don't have to worry about spraying the girls down with a water solution mid-winter. I definitely don't want to make chickensicles out of them, even if that would solve the mite problem, too! :p
The stronger concentrate of Captain Jacks dead bug juice is good for the coops

:gig Whoops, sorry I missed that exchange! Thanks for the advice again, Ron. :)

Sorry I've not been posting much! Keeping busy, I guess, though it feels like I'm not getting much done most days. I realized in all the holiday commotion that I never took the 8 and 9 month pictures of the kiddos! It's been so rainy and muddy and yucky most days here that I've not really had much of a chance to make up for that yet. :barnie We're having an unusually warm winter here and there's mud EVERYWHERE! Anyway, point being, I'll see if I can get those pictures eventually, though it might end up being their 9 and 10 month pictures by then!

I see we're due for a forum update tonight! Pretty excited for the new features and stuff coming with the update!! :D Hope everyone makes the transition fine and gains their bearings quickly with the update!

:gig Whoops, sorry I missed that exchange! Thanks for the advice again, Ron. :)

Sorry I've not been posting much! Keeping busy, I guess, though it feels like I'm not getting much done most days. I realized in all the holiday commotion that I never took the 8 and 9 month pictures of the kiddos! It's been so rainy and muddy and yucky most days here that I've not really had much of a chance to make up for that yet. :barnie We're having an unusually warm winter here and there's mud EVERYWHERE! Anyway, point being, I'll see if I can get those pictures eventually, though it might end up being their 9 and 10 month pictures by then!

I see we're due for a forum update tonight! Pretty excited for the new features and stuff coming with the update!! :D Hope everyone makes the transition fine and gains their bearings quickly with the update!
I hope Kiki gets the video up quickly for using the new features!

Me, too, although at least so far it seems pretty much the same to navigate! I'm so far enjoying it! :D I'm especially loving the picture upload and resizing features now!!

Elda.jpg
Callette.jpg
Lydda.jpg

Myrna round.jpg

Kita.jpg

:wee

Edited quietly just to test something.

Last edited:
Hi, all! Sorry I keep dropping off the radar here! :oops: Keeping busy, I guess! I wanted to check in because Altair just laid her first egg! ❤ And, coincidentally enough, within an hour of Vega coming back into lay again after a break!

Here they are! ❤ Altair's on the left and Vega's on the right!

1580408267692.png

One more to show size. This is a Mona egg. Apparently I flipped the OEGB eggs, though, so Altair's is on the right and Vega's on the left.

1580409018879.png

Anyway, that was the excitement for the day. I've unfortunately not had any chances to get pictures of the girls here lately with the weather the way it is. If it's not snowy and cold (and the hens are all hiding inside), it's rainy and muddy and sloppy. :barnie The kids have now missed 2 monthlies and they really need update pictures, at least the OEGB girls and their new headgear, so I may just give up waiting out the weather and just take what I can get. Just don't be too disappointed if the girls seem grumpy in them. :gig

Hi, all! Sorry I keep dropping off the radar here! :oops: Keeping busy, I guess! I wanted to check in because Altair just laid her first egg! ❤ And, coincidentally enough, within an hour of Vega coming back into lay again after a break!

Here they are! ❤ Altair's on the left and Vega's on the right!

View attachment 2014642

One more to show size. This is a Mona egg. Apparently I flipped the OEGB eggs, though, so Altair's is on the right and Vega's on the left.

View attachment 2014647

Anyway, that was the excitement for the day. I've unfortunately not had any chances to get pictures of the girls here lately with the weather the way it is. If it's not snowy and cold (and the hens are all hiding inside), it's rainy and muddy and sloppy. :barnie The kids have now missed 2 monthlies and they really need update pictures, at least the OEGB girls and their new headgear, so I may just give up waiting out the weather and just take what I can get. Just don't be too disappointed if the girls seem grumpy in them. :gig
1d4c21e6_smilies-3434.png
Nice first egg!

Pictures! It's been a lovely couple days, so I went ahead and grabbed update pictures of the kids, and a few of the hens. It was the first time they'd free-ranged in a while, so no one was particularly cooperative, but... I tried. :gig

First up, the OEGBs at just over 10 months old. I grabbed close-up pictures of the girls' combs since they relatively recently got them. :D

Altair:
Altair.jpg
Altair comb.jpg

Vega:

Vega.jpg
Vega comb.jpg

The boys... Well, they haven't changed much anyway. :p This was the best I could do for the three of them. Toli in front, Acher just behind him, and Rigel in the back:

oegb boys.jpg

The EE girls, too! Editing to add, the EE girls are just over 9 months old, of course! Forgot to mention that.

:D Here's Fifi!

Ophelia.jpg

Mona:

Mona.jpg

And Ganymede:

Ganymede.jpg

Lots of extra pictures, so I'm just gonna dump them in and label them as I go. :D Here's Ganymede drinking from a mud puddle:

Ganymede mud puddle.jpg

Teeny-tiny birdies :love :love

Teeny tiny angry birds.jpg
teeny tiny perchers.jpg

This was my first attempt at Vega's picture... Couldn't decide if I liked this one or the other one more. :p

teeny tiny birdies.jpg

Bryony, looking round ❤

Bryony.jpg

Elda wanted to have a serious talk about the lack of lap time lately. :oops:

Elda close up.jpg

Kate was just indignant that I interrupted her for a picture. :gig

Kate indignant.jpg

This is what happens when Mavis is nearby and I crouch to take pictures. :rolleyes:

Mavis says hello.jpg

Sylvie with her green eyes :love

Sylvie.jpg

Vira looking quite severe :oops:

Vira.jpg

And lastly, Wynne. ❤ I don't get good pictures of her too often because she's usually under my feet when I'm outside. :rolleyes:

Wynne.jpg

...And I think that's it. :) Temps are dropping again, so the girls will probably be all hunched and grumpy again. I guess we're not quite done with winter yet... Despite the groundhog's prediction. :tongue Oh, well.

Last edited:
Pictures! It's been a lovely couple days, so I went ahead and grabbed update pictures of the kids, and a few of the hens. It was the first time they'd free-ranged in a while, so no one was particularly cooperative, but... I tried. :gig

First up, the OEGBs at just over 10 months old. I grabbed close-up pictures of the girls' combs since they relatively recently got them. :D

Altair:
View attachment 2018074View attachment 2018073

Vega:

View attachment 2018085View attachment 2018084

The boys... Well, they haven't changed much anyway. :p This was the best I could do for the three of them. Toli in front, Acher just behind him, and Rigel in the back:

View attachment 2018079

The EE girls, too! :D Here's Fifi!

View attachment 2018080

Mona:

View attachment 2018077

And Ganymede:

View attachment 2018076

Lots of extra pictures, so I'm just gonna dump them in and label them as I go. :D Here's Ganymede drinking from a mud puddle:

View attachment 2018075

Teeny-tiny birdies :love :love

View attachment 2018081View attachment 2018083

This was my first attempt at Vega's picture... Couldn't decide if I liked this one or the other one more. :p

View attachment 2018082

Bryony, looking round ❤

View attachment 2018086

Elda wanted to have a serious talk about the lack of lap time lately. :oops:

View attachment 2018087

Kate was just indignant that I interrupted her for a picture. :gig

View attachment 2018088

This is what happens when Mavis is nearby and I crouch to take pictures. :rolleyes:

View attachment 2018089

Sylvie with her green eyes :love

View attachment 2018090

Vira looking quite severe :oops:

View attachment 2018091

And lastly, Wynne. ❤ I don't get good pictures of her too often because she's usually under my feet when I'm outside. :rolleyes:

View attachment 2018092

...And I think that's it. :) Temps are dropping again, so the girls will probably be all hunched and grumpy again. I guess we're not quite done with winter yet... Despite the groundhog's prediction. :tongue Oh, well.
The are looking good going into Spring!

Back
Top Bottom