Pipd's Peeps!

Big kid update pictures as promised! Here are the silkied Cochin bantams at 8 weeks old, in hatch order:

Wash.jpg
Bella.jpg
Diesel.jpg

(I've got to get this poor girl named!)

Baby 4.jpg
Baby 5.jpg
Baby 6.jpg
Baby 7.jpg
Harley.jpg
Ms Coconut.jpg

And our English Orpington boys at 7 weeks old. Our Chocolate Mottled boys are starting to get chocolatey speckles on their legs, and Mr. Crele is starting to get that round, floofy English Orpington look to him!

Chocolate Mottled Orp purple band.jpg
Chocolate Mottled Orp red band.jpg
Crele Orp.jpg

Just a few more pictures I got before I was chewed on too much by the mosquitoes and called it quits. Look at this set of messy eaters! :rant

messy eaters.jpg

Mr. Crele, posing on a stump :love

Crele orp on stump.jpg

However, it is Diesel who laid claim to the high point on the stump. All hail King Diesel! :p

Diesel king of the stump.jpg

And that's it from the big kids :love I love these little guys to bits!

(I've got to get this poor girl named!)

Baby 4.jpg

As of last night, I think I've settled on a name for this little lady finally! Juniper, nicknamed June or Juni :love

I also might name one of the boys Hank, just because it seems like a big tough guy name and of course Cochin boys are big tough roosters. 🤣 Baby 5 is a for sure keeper for being Blue, so he could be the front runner for the name, though I'm not yet sold that it suits him just right.

As of last night, I think I've settled on a name for this little lady finally! Juniper, nicknamed June or Juni :love

I also might name one of the boys Hank, just because it seems like a big tough guy name and of course Cochin boys are big tough roosters. 🤣 Baby 5 is a for sure keeper for being Blue, so he could be the front runner for the name, though I'm not yet sold that it suits him just right.
Juniper is a nice name!

Thanks, I thought so, too! :love I've always kind of wanted a hen called June / Junie anyway, and Juniper just seemed like the perfect fit to go along with the botanical names of last year's silkied Cochin girls.

Haha, aww, I love that! :love Most of my name choices for my birds end up being too "old fashioned" or way out there for use with actual people! 🤣

Oh, oh, I forgot to mention in my last post, but yesterday was my birthday and my mom got me actual real soap molds!! 😍 Nothing too exciting, just loaf-shaped wooden molds with silicone liners, but it means I don't have to try to tape parchment paper into place in a cardboard box and end up with lumpy soap with weird edges anymore! :wee They also came with cutters, a straight edged one and a wavy one, so I can make fancy wavy soap now! 😁 I was going to make a batch of soap yesterday to celebrate, but I don't quite have enough coconut oil so I'll have to wait for it to get here before my next batch. 😩

Haha, aww, I love that! :love Most of my name choices for my birds end up being too "old fashioned" or way out there for use with actual people! 🤣

Oh, oh, I forgot to mention in my last post, but yesterday was my birthday and my mom got me actual real soap molds!! 😍 Nothing too exciting, just loaf-shaped wooden molds with silicone liners, but it means I don't have to try to tape parchment paper into place in a cardboard box and end up with lumpy soap with weird edges anymore! :wee They also came with cutters, a straight edged one and a wavy one, so I can make fancy wavy soap now! 😁 I was going to make a batch of soap yesterday to celebrate, but I don't quite have enough coconut oil so I'll have to wait for it to get here before my next batch. 😩
Happy Birthday!

The soap will look good made in molds

Back
Top Bottom