Piperazine- how much for 12 chickens in water??

chickzrule

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
B.C., Canada
I need to know how much Piperazine i need to mix in water for 12 chickens? The dose on the pkg says mix 400g in 325L of water for 1250 layers. We have 12 layers so how much powder should i mix in how much water? It only needs to be enough water for one day as it is a one day de- wormer. My water dish is a 3 gallon which is way to much water if full for one day. I am looking for how much powder i should mix in with 2 liters of water(that's my guess of how much 12 would drink in a day)? Would it be 1 tsp, 1 tbs, 1/4 cup? Help! thxs Lisa

Last edited:
I found the dose ratio!! YAY!!! For Piperazine Dihyrochloride 53% powder i will mix in 1 tsp of powder for 3L of water. I am only treating 12 layers and it is a 1 day treatment so i figured that my girls drink 3L a day. Hope this info helps someone else in the same situation! Lisa

How do you keep the imperial system (teaspoons) and metric (liters) straight?
smile.png

Not sure what you mean, but i have 2 liter water jugs and teaspoons so should be easy to mix it up. Even have something to stir it with(teaspoon) lol!

a tsp is 5 mls and a liter is 1000 mls. Bookmark a good site, get yourself a good set of measuring spoons or even better use a syringe that is marked properly.

Last edited:
I found the dose ratio!! YAY!!! For Piperazine Dihyrochloride 53% powder i will mix in 1 tsp of powder for 3L of water. I am only treating 12 layers and it is a 1 day treatment so i figured that my girls drink 3L a day. Hope this info helps someone else in the same situation! Lisa
Thank you for this info! I have 10 chickens left in my flock and was having a devil of a time figuring this out. :)

Back
Top Bottom