PIPPED, but white membrane?

Prophecyx1

Songster
7 Years
Jan 17, 2016
Georgia
20201021_231141.jpg

So this duck has popped the shell, but I see only white membrane? This means it has hardened on the chick right? Do I need to be worried? This duck along with another have pipped on the wrong end, it's only been a couple hours, but the whitened membrane worried me.

View attachment 2382486

So this duck has popped the shell, but I see only white membrane? This means it has hardened on the chick right? Do I need to be worried? This duck along with another have pipped on the wrong end, it's only been a couple hours, but the whitened membrane worried me.
I have zero experience with duck eggs, but did do my first chicken hatch 2.5 months ago. Best advice I can give you is try to be patient and don't panic.... yet. Also if you have to assist, go very slowly, our first assist we went too far too fast and could have killed the chick unknowingly. There are many great posts here you can search for, links on Google, and YouTube was very valuable. An emergency air hole can be created, especially beings your pipping is on the wrong end. Best of luck, keep us updated. Wish I could be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom