Pipped egg got cold!! Please help!!

Alondra Krost

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2020
Please help, yesterday evening one of the 7 eggs my 2 silkies are sitting on pipped the shell and when I went out this morning I couldn’t find the chick or egg, I looked everywhere and realized that somehow that 1 egg got all the way across the chicken coop. It was cold when I found it but I put it back under mom hoping it would survive. I candlelit it but i couldn’t see any movement. Does anyone know if it will survive? I’m not sure how long it had been cold for.

It depends on the time it was outside. I wouldn't have high hopes though if it was really cold. Just wait and see for the outcome.

How long have the eggs been incubated?

Do you have an incubator? If so, I suggest putting the egg in it. If not, leave it under then hen and hopefully it will hatch.

But to answer your question, yes, it might be okay. Many time I vae found cold eggs and once warmed up, they were able to hatch.

Good luck hope it hatches for you.

It depends on the time it was outside. I wouldn't have high hopes though if it was really cold. Just wait and see for the outcome.

How long have the eggs been incubated?
I checked on the egg about 8:30 pm last night and i went out this morning around 5:30 it was probably about 40 degrees outside and it’s been under a hen for 20-21 days

Do you have an incubator? If so, I suggest putting the egg in it. If not, leave it under then hen and hopefully it will hatch.

But to answer your question, yes, it might be okay. Many time I vae found cold eggs and once warmed up, they were able to hatch.

Good luck hope it hatches for you.
Thank you, no I wish I had one for situations like this

Say hello to Hosanna!!! Thank God she made it!! I prayed a lot and God answered!!

Attachments

• B3FBF67C-7C5C-4C46-A7CE-5AC6AA5AFCE2.jpeg
    B3FBF67C-7C5C-4C46-A7CE-5AC6AA5AFCE2.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1F197B41-AD85-4B91-8C1C-EBF69EAB2A88.jpeg
    1F197B41-AD85-4B91-8C1C-EBF69EAB2A88.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom