Pipping and no peeping?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 4roosandahen, Mar 13, 2008.

1. 4roosandahen

4roosandahen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Is there a problem if the little chicks have pipped and are not peeping? My friend has some hatching today and we are both newbies. One pipped more at the top the other has pipped more on the side(she has them in a egg carton). We are so excited and she is calling me with updates on their progress........ oh it's going to be a long night [​IMG] Oh I should say it's going to be a long weekend. Mine are due to hatch on Mon............ so eggcited, lol!!!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I often don't hear much, if any peeping, until they've got a hole and not just the pip. There are some that peep constantly and others not much at all.

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Mine weren't peeping when they pipped the shell. Then once they pipped the shell they took a day long nap! [​IMG] I was soo worried something was wrong, then the next day they start popping out like no sweat!

4. 4roosandahen

4roosandahen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    ok, there is some really little peeping she says. Once she turned the humidifier off she heard it [​IMG]. So, now the wait game is on............ ahhhhhhh I can't stand it and they aren't even mine. It's going to be a long weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by