Pipping on day 18? I think I've messed things up!!!

southerngirl29

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
This is my first time ever trying to hatch eggs. I have a foam incubator, I've read "dry incubating" is best so that's what I've done. Today was day 18, I removed the turners, and laid the eggs flat on the incubator. I added water and increased the heat just a little because it was a little under what it should've been for some reason.(it was low before I took the top off) I mean I barely turned the knob. But then...I forgot to check the temp again. I went to check it just a little while ago (probably 4 hours later or so) and it was on 101 or 102. Is that too hot??? There are FOUR pipped eggs now (that I can see). (just a little crack in the top) Have I totally messed up? Did they get too hot and try to get out too soon? Whats worse is the humidity isn't up enough it's just on about 55% I added more water (through the hole on top as I'd seen other ppl recommend to do on the reviews for my incubator) I'll be so upset if I've messed up these eggs. I was so excited today bc I heard them cheeping when I moved them over. They are just our own personal barnyard mix eggs so there's no money lost at all, it's just the thought of all those cute little chicks who are SO CLOSE to being hatched. :/

I still can't believe I forgot to go back in there and check the humidity and temp. I'm so mad at myself!! I just got busy and never thought of it again. :(

Well, no one has replied haha, I'm going to update in case anyone ever reads this.
This morning I've got two good lookin' chicks in the incubator. Some real early birds!! I think I'll have another one soon. They seem to be doing well. :)

congratulations on the babies i hope you enjoy them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom